Friday, August 25, 2017

Your Path Is Lit!

Hey everyone! I read a powerful verse today in the book of Micah. I don't really even recall ever reading this before. I know I have because I have read the Bible in it's entirety more than once but I don't remember this verse ever jumping out at me like it did today. So let me take you to the book of Micah to explore how the importance of how we need to get back up when we fall as we look for the light of life that is within us from Christ Jesus!

MICAH 7:8
Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord shall be a light unto me.

So we have some comparisons: fall and arise; darkness and light; both of them are basically representing the same thing. When I fall or when I sit in darkness is talking about stumbling in our walk with God. In other words, when I fail to do the right thing, or even if I do something wrong - sin against God, there is still hope. I don't have to stay down! I am not defeated. It's not over! I can still get up and do something good. I will be forgiven and redeemed. I can look for that Light of the world to come and illuminate the dark spots in my life until I have addressed all of these areas of imperfection.

You might say that kind of searching of the heart could take a lifetime to make all of those things line up to the Word of God. You're right! It might. We are all works in progress. Some of us are actively working on living a life of Holiness unto God and want to get as close to Him as we can without compromising and without going astray. We have so much work to do, but there are others who daily struggle with the same sins, the same issues, the same problems, the same friends, the same crowd. Ask God to shine His bright light to show you where you are not measuring up and then let Him lead you and help you to get up and walk in the light!

Psalms 112:4 says Unto the upright there ariseth light in the darkness: He is gracious, and full of compassion, and righteous.  See how the light rises up in the darkness? This light is Jesus and if you are a Christian, free from the bondage of sin, then this Light will rise up in the middle of the sin, the fall, and He will illuminate your path to help you get out of the mess you are in! We remember what the Word of God says and how it can set us free. Psalm 119:105 states Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. The Word of God will shine the light on your feet so you can see where you are going; it lights up the path so you know which way is the right way. Ask God to lead you and guide you.

If you are struggling with a situation that you can't seem to get free from, give it to God. He will help you. He will lead you and guide you. He will never leave you nor forsake you. He will be there to lift you up, light your path, and show you a better way! Just because you mess up, doesn't mean it's over. Don't give up! Don't give in! You are not defeated. Our enemy is defeated! Jesus conquered death, hell, and the grave at the cross of Calvary. Do not walk in darkness. Do not stay down...arise! Get up! Shine the light inside of you and let Jesus reveal the path you must walk in.

God bless you!

~Bridgett