Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Guest Post | Kadesia | Psalms 21 and 27

 Hello everyone, Kadesia here. I recently started a new job in a field I'd never worked in before. I was nervous and excited. Quickly I caught on and began to really like the job until gossiping, hazing because I'm the youngest worker, and just plain hatefulness began. I started to worry that I might need to find a new job if I wasn't going to be a good fit and questioned my abilities, as well as if I heard God right when He pointed me in the direction of this job. 

I went through waves of actions and emotions, first I was super hurt and then I felt bad like I had done something to make these people treat me unkindly, then I spoke with my mother about it, then I spoke to God about it, and then I spoke to my brother about. Keep in mind I do NOT like confrontation so knowing that I might have to stand up for myself or tell our boss what was going on seemed much worse than just dealing with the toxicity. I told God that I was really upset because I knew He had placed me there and worked everything out so I could have that job. He was helping me excel in the position I am in and every task I've been given I've done with kindness and joy and an open mind ready to learn. I poured my heart out to God because He saw it all, He knew what was happening and I needed to know what to do. Someone advised me to just ignore them and if they looked like they needed help with something, wait for someone else to come and help them. This person was tired of seeing me get hurt day after day and knew that if I didn't offer to help, I wouldn't get my feelings hurt in the same way. I tried at first but that is just not my personality, I want to help people, when I see someone struggling, I don't want them to feel like a burden when asking for help with something so I just try to jump in and I got my feelings hurt every single time. I kept choosing kindness though and I kept a smile on my face even though I was holding in tears. I knew that it couldn't get a whole lot worse so it was only up from here.

It took me a very long time but finally, I am happy with who I am and who God made me to be: assertive, a leader, kind, smart, and funny. As hard as it was to be bullied I was having a harder time not being myself. And then God spoke to me as clear as He could be and said "Genesis 17" on the way to work this morning. So I listened to it and it went through a few more chapters too before I arrived and it was exactly what I needed for something else in my life, not the issue I knew I'd be walking into in just a short time. Tired and frustrated, I walked into work ready to have a great day but knowing there'd be a lot of bumps in the road. And today was the worst it has been so far and that usually means breakthrough is about ready to happen. It's got to get real nasty sometimes, real hard sometimes, real real sometimes before God can allow a breakthrough to happen.

I spoke with my mom after work and explained how I just wanted to be kind and lend a hand and was snapped at by a coworker and how badly that hurt me. She advised me to pray about it, out loud to the LORD and let Him hear my hearts cry and begin to heal me. So after a couple minutes of silence, I spoke up and told God that I was really scared and upset about the thought of having to leave a job I enjoy and that I did not like how I was being treated by my coworkers. After I gave it all over to God, He gave me such a sweet peace in my soul. As my mom and I drove home from an errand this evening and after my open prayer, she heard God speak to her and say "Psalm Twenty-" but she couldn't quite hear the second part of that number. God quickly reminded me that this morning after telling me Genesis 17, He also said Psalm 27. I wasn't sure if I had heard Him right this morning but sure enough, I did. I told her maybe it's 27 because I heard Him say that this morning and she said no it's 21 AND 27. I opened the Bible app and began to read these chapters out loud and mom and I were awestruck to hear these scriptures. It spoke directly to my situation and tears of joy and peace filled my eyes. 

God knows exactly what we need when we need it and He never fails to show up on time. If you ever wonder if God speak to us just listen to that still, small voice in times of trials and you'll soon find out He not only speaks to us, He will give us scriptures to stand on to support His words. 

Whatever you're going through, whenever you read this, whether it be the night it's posted or 10 years from now, I hope you give it to God and allow Him to speak to you about your situation because the same God that did it for me today, is the same God who will do it for you too. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.  God loves you and wants the very best for you. He came so we would have life and have it more abundantly. Don't allow the devil to think you deserve to be treated with anything other than respect. Watch and pray, follow what God says, and watch Him move mountains for you! 

Below is both Psalms talked about above: 

21 The king shall joy in thy strength, O Lord; and in thy salvation how greatly shall he rejoice!
Thou hast given him his heart's desire, and hast not withholden the request of his lips. Selah.
For thou preventest him with the blessings of goodness: thou settest a crown of pure gold on his head.
He asked life of thee, and thou gavest it him, even length of days for ever and ever.
His glory is great in thy salvation: honour and majesty hast thou laid upon him.
For thou hast made him most blessed for ever: thou hast made him exceeding glad with thy countenance.
For the king trusteth in the Lord, and through the mercy of the most High he shall not be moved.
Thine hand shall find out all thine enemies: thy right hand shall find out those that hate thee.
Thou shalt make them as a fiery oven in the time of thine anger: the Lordshall swallow them up in his wrath, and the fire shall devour them.
10 Their fruit shalt thou destroy from the earth, and their seed from among the children of men.
11 For they intended evil against thee: they imagined a mischievous device, which they are not able to perform.
12 Therefore shalt thou make them turn their back, when thou shalt make ready thine arrows upon thy strings against the face of them.
13 Be thou exalted, Lord, in thine own strength: so will we sing and praise thy power.
27 The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.
Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.
One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple.
For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.
And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord.
Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Lord, will I seek.
Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.
10 When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up.
11 Teach me thy way, O Lord, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.
12 Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty.
13 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
14 Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.


God is amazing guys! May His favor be upon you and a thousand generations! 

-Kadesia





No comments:

Post a Comment