Thursday, September 23, 2021

Thankful For The Unexpected | Thankful Thursday

Today is my wedding anniversary. My husband and I have been married for 21 years! I praise God for that because He truly is the glue that held us together. Tonight, after work, I had a date and it was not with my husband!

Ever since my children were very small I made a point to have a special day with them. It was a way I could be intentional and present and get to know them better. We know and love our children, but sometimes we do not know their deepest desires, what really excites them and gets them fired up about life. So, this was the best way I could do that and I am so glad that I did. 

My son is 14 and he loves routine. He does not do well with change. He still calls our time together Mommy Javan Days. I asked him where he would like to eat and he said Blondie's which is a restaurant in Brownstown. He was supposed to go to a race but long story short, he spent the time with me. We had a great conversation on the drive over. We enjoyed ice cream from Jiffy Treet and more stories about what he is into right now, what records he has set and broken on his video game, and his view on the world we live in today. I loved every minute of it.

After we ate we went to Dollar Tree. We agreed on a limit to spend because he knows I can get carried away in there. And we may have went over budget (shhhh, don't tell) but it was so fun to spend that time with him. He wanted to go next door to the Dollar General to get some chips that he likes and I was happy to do that for him. He even got a Coke in a glass bottle! We had a great time riding over to my mom's so she could have the sandwich I couldn't eat and then we came back to the house. He was pretty tired from all the shopping and riding around.

This evening weather was perfect. It felt like fall and we both thanked God for the wonderful weather and the time we could spend together. I am so thankful for the unexpected moments in life where you get an up close and personal look at the biggest blessings in our lives. I am so glad he wanted to hang out with me. I am so thankful we had the opportunity.

So, while this was not the way I thought my wedding anniversary would go, I am so glad I had the best date ever! A handsome young man who loves Jesus and his momma! What a blessing he is! I am so thankful. I would like to share a couple of scriptures that came to mind and hope it gives you something to thank God for, too.
PSALM 127:3 Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is His reward.

PSALM 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

1 SAMUEL 1:27 For this child I prayed; and the LORD hath given me my petition which I asked of Him:

I love both of my children and so thankful to be their momma. I am so proud to be Paul's wife and it was literally the best anniversary ever!

God bless you!

~Bridgett Owens

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment