Wednesday, October 6, 2021

S.O.A.P. | Wednesday Bible Study

 

For those who may not know, S.O.A.P. is an acronym. It stands for Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer. I have not done a S.O.A.P. Bible study in a while, but I recently read a comment on a process video I made and it made me think I would like to do that again. You can see my first S.O.A.P. video here and my S.O.A.P. process video here on YouTube. They were really popular and for good reason.

S.O.A.P. is a great way to study Scripture. It is good for most age groups, even the very young can study with this technique. Most often people who watch my videos tell me how much this method helps them learn more about the Bible. So, let's begin.

SCRIPTURE: Colossians 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

OBSERVATION: This is instruction for Christian behavior for self, behavior for others, and behavior toward God. To admonish means to caution, advise, counsel against something, urge to a duty, remind.

APPLICATION: Stay in the Word of God. Read the Bible. Study the Bible. By learning what the Bible tells us to do, think, and how to behave; we can then teach and advise others how to serve Jesus well. I must remain in the joy of the Lord. When I sing at church, I sing Psalms and hymns and spiritual songs which others then tell me blesses and encourages them. I sing to Jesus and not to people but as they join me in my worship it encourages me and them.

PRAYER: Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your Word. Thank You for free access to the Holy Bible. Help me hide Your Word in my heart so I will not sin against You. Help me to not only teach and admonish others, but receive the teaching and admonishing others give me, and to do so with gladness in my heart. Please continue to guide me when I sing for You. Tell me what to sing and when so I can bless and help others around me. Thank You for those who sing and bless me too. May I glorify and honor You King Jesus in everything I say and do. I ask these things in Jesus' name. Amen!

If you do a S.O.A.P. study, please let me know. I would love to hear from you! God bless you!

~Bridgett Owens

No comments:

Post a Comment