Thursday, March 18, 2021

Gratitude Journal Tutorial | Thankful Thursday

I apologize for the absentee blog posts last week. My father-in-law passed away and it has been a lot to handle and sort through. The funeral will be on Monday and our family appreciates the prayers for wisdom and guidance as my husband has to make a lot of important decisions. Thank you so much!

For today's creatively journaling our faith post, I wanted to make a page with you all for my gratitude journal. I use a mini Happy Planner notes disc bound book for my gratitude journal. I haven't used the journal since last year and so I definitely wanted to get back to that. I choose three things to be grateful for each day and that helps with my mental health so much.

I love the verse in Psalms 9:1 that says, "I will praise Thee, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all Thy marvellous works." In this season of grief and loss, not just the passing of my father-in-law, but no longer living in Alabama, and not finding a home of our own, ... it's just been a lot and so I enjoy this verse so much. I will praise God with my whole heart. I don't want to hold back anything from Him. I will tell of His marvelous works because He is doing so much. We have been so blessed since being back in Indiana. He is a good, good Father and I am so thankful that He loves us so much and blesses us every single day.

I am going to share the process of how I created my gratitude page today. Here's a look at the finished page:
These mini notebooks are so fun and it just takes a few minutes to decorate the page. The supplies I used include: Paper Mate Flair pens, heart rainbow washi, and colored dots from the office supply section at Walmart. I do not link anything here because I do not want anyone to go buy a bunch of products. The goal is to just write things we are thankful for and use what you have. You can use stickers, draw, color your own boxes or bullet points, use markers or colored pencils. I will share how I created this page. I know many of you wanted a step-by-step process for how I work in this size notebook.



I ran a strip of rainbow heart washi tape along the top and bottom of the page. I like working with the page outside the notebook. It is a favorite feature of the disc bound system. I enjoy taking the pages out to work on and popping back in when I am done.
These colorful dots are so fun to use for bullet points in my gratitude journal. The label circles are so tiny and are the perfect pair for this size notebook. They are already sticky on the back so I can just add them to the page and they are ready to go. If you do not have these labels you can journal without them. You can add dots with an ink pen, colored pencil, or markers. I already had these for a long, long time so they do last if you are only doing three bullets each time. It is very inexpensive in the office supply section at Walmart if you do want to purchase these, but again, it is not necessary to journal your gratitude list.
Colorful pens make journaling fun, but it is not necessary. Many of my pages are written with black ink on the page. If you do want to check these Paper Mate Flair pens I purchased from Walmart, they would be a good purchase because they do not bleed through the pages. I purchased a set of six for just under $6 before tax. The type of pen is not important. It's therapeutic to write what you're thankful for even if you use a number two pencil.
Here is a look at the page in my notebook. If you do not have this notebook, again, use what you have. You can make your own journal book with any paper, notebook, or journal you already have. I only list three things that I am grateful for. I do not add scriptures or additional journaling. You may want to do that. If you don't have a lot of time, this took me less than 10 minutes. You can spend as little or as much time as you want. The point is finding the good in your day and then thanking God who provided every single blessing.

I will share another project next Thursday. If there is anything specific you want to see, leave it in the comments below, or send me an email. I have some fun things planned and hope you enjoy the tutorials each week. I will share a couple of video tutorials on my YouTube channel as well each month. Hope you have a wonderful day. Be sure to check back tomorrow for my Fuel For The Weekend blog post. If you are on spring break this week or next, I hope you are safe and happy and keeping your eyes on Jesus!

I hope something I have said or shared today gives you strength for your journey and light for your way!

God bless you!
~Bridgett Owens

No comments:

Post a Comment