Friday, March 19, 2021

Who Are We? | Fuel For The Weekend


Another week is drawing to a close as the weekend is upon us. For many, today kicks off spring break, and marks the final days for others' spring break. I have thought back to the beginning of 2021 and it does not seem like we should be in third month of the year. I think back to goals I made at the beginning of January, and goals I reassessed in February, and now I am not sure how well I am doing with any of the goals made. Have you experienced that too? It's kind of a time to reflect back at progress made and sidetracked, derailed plans. The good news is that we can gather our thoughts, go back to what is most important to us, and start fresh with new goals. It's never too late to get started if you haven't made any goals.

Something I like to think about is God and His plan for my life. I don't have all the answers. Some days I don't feel like I have any answers. I know He does and that gives me peace and comfort in the tough days. It's been a rough season. We had hoped to find a house by now and others are in our same boat: nothing is available, and then once something good hits the market it is quickly snatched up, or it is grossly overpriced. Even when things look like they are not changing, no progress is being made, and even when it looks like things get worse instead of better, God is still good and He still has good plans for our lives.

I like what the Psalmist wrote in chapter eight. He talks about the excellence of God and how in awe he was that God would not just create mankind but He actually thinks about us and cares for us. Isn't that inspiring. Even if we are doing all the right things, waiting as best as we can, and keeping our eyes on Jesus, it is so hard to hold on when the winds beat our vessel, tossing us to and fro. It is in the times of uncertainty and not knowing that I can read this passage and be reminded if God can do all that, He surely can meet my needs and answer my prayers. Let's read it together.

PSALM 8:3-9 (3)When I consider Thy heavens, the work of Thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which Thou hast ordained; (4)What is man, that Thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that Thou visitest him? (5)For Thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. (6)Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of Thy hands; Thou hast put all things under his feet: (7)All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field; (8)The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas. (9)O LORD our Lord, how excellent is Thy name in all the earth!

It is the expression of my heart as well. I look at the night sky full of stars and the moon shining in its glory. I see the beauty in the night sky as stars form into amazing constellations and the earth is given light from these created light sources made by the spoken word of God. He breathed and the stars were formed. He named them and hung them in the exact location He wanted them to shine. Who am I that God would crown me with glory and honor? Who am I that He would take the time to think about or plan a glorious journey for me? Who are we that He would not only know our name and have a wonderful plan for our lives, but then He strategically placed us in the place we would shine brightest?

What would cause the majestic LORD and Creator to give us dominion over the beasts in the field and air and sea? What an excellent Savior we have who not only saw that we were lost and undone in our sins, but selflessly laid down His life for us so we could be free and forever live with Him in paradise! What an incredible gift of love and sacrifice that we will never know or experience because Jesus paid it all.

Friends, as we embark on this weekend and whatever that may look like for each of us, let's remember the God who created us is thinking about us and He has great plans for us. My father-in-law will be laid to rest on Monday and we have comfort and peace in knowing that Steve made his heart right with the Lord. He rededicated his heart to the LORD and now as we lay him to rest, we can continue the journey we are on toward Home knowing one day it will be our turn. One day, and no one knows when, it will be our time to step into eternity and if we have surrendered our lives to the Lord Jesus, put our faith and trust in Him, and believe the saving work He did on the cross at Calvary, we will be with our Savior. The Creator, the Savior, the Planner, the Healer, the Comforter, the Joy Giver will welcome us Home. Why wouldn't we want to serve Him? He is so wonderful.

May His name echo through all the earth. You are excellent in every way God Most High. Let's honor Him with all that we do and say this weekend. I am hoping something I shared today has given you strength for your journey and light for your way. God bless you!

~Bridgett Owens

No comments:

Post a Comment