Friday, April 29, 2022

Heart Construction | Fuel For The Weekend


We have reached the end of the week and almost the end of this month. What a quick month this has been. It is hard to believe that school will soon be out and my son will be looking at high school in the fall. How is that possible?

I am not sure what you might have going on this weekend, but I wanted to share some scriptures with you to give you something to think about, ponder, and maybe start some conversations with those in your circle of influence this weekend.

Today I was driving to pick up my son from school because he had a doctor's appointment. I saw some construction signs on the sides of the road talking about fines for speeding in a work zone and things of that nature but there were no signs of anyone working. It was not clear to me which lane to be in, so I continued in the left lane, the slow lane, here in America. As I continued driving, there was nothing to indicate road work would be ahead. None of the other cars appeared to be bothered by the signs. Finally, after some distance, I saw signs that said right lane closed ahead. I did not see anyone else pulling out of the right lane, but I decided I would go ahead, just in case there really was some work being done up ahead. The signs were out but the trucks were just arriving as I breezed by on the way to pick up my son. No work had been started, they were literally just pulling their work trucks to the side of the road.

In life, sometimes we get these warning signs that we need to slow down, change lanes, or watch for construction ahead. We may think everything is fine, but if Holy Spirit is nudging our hearts to exercise caution, it is best to heed the warning. The Bible says, There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. (Proverbs 14:12 and Proverbs 16:25) Sometimes we think we are just fine on our own, doing our own thing, and how can it hurt anyone else? It's my life! Well, if we have sin in our life God wants us to deal with it so we can get on the path that leads to everlasting life.

It does not feel good to be corrected. It just kind of stings a little. It hurts our pride. We do not want others to point out our flaws or when we have messed up, but it is a loving thing for our Heavenly Father to do. Hebrews 12:11 Now no chastening for the present seems to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby. So, it does not feel good in the moment, and it may be hard to take but after the correction has come, and we can sit and look at what God is telling us to do or change, we see that His ways are best and when we switch lanes, slow down, and make the necessary changes we will find the peaceable fruit of righteousness in our lives. It is for a reason. It is not just to be mean or to make us feel bad. It is giving us an opportunity to grow and mature in our faith.

Stay pliable in the Potter's hands as He continues to mold us and shape us into the image of Himself. We are to be like Christ. Let's spend some time this weekend sitting with the Holy Spirit and doing some self-reflection to see where we may be missing the mark in some areas of our lives. Psalm 139:23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts. Jeremiah 29:13 And ye shall seek Me, and find Me, when ye shall search for Me with all your heart.

I hope you have a blessed weekend and I hope to share another Psalm for our Bible study next Wednesday. God bless you!

~Bridgett Owens

No comments:

Post a Comment