Thursday, December 10, 2020

Guilt, Grief, Bitterness, Loneliness | Thankful Thursday

The LORD impressed on my heart to carve out a section of my blog to share what I am thankful for. I started it on a Thursday and decided to call it "Thankful Thursday." Each week I share what I am thankful for. Come back each week so we can count our blessings together.

As I look around at all the things we have to pack up again, I am taking inventory of just what all we actually need. Paul is at work while the kids and I are filling up boxes. As we sift through our belongings, it is much easier now to let go of things that have served their purpose. That is how my mom always said it. If I struggled with the decision of what to part with, she would simply say, "It's served it's purpose. It's time to get rid of it." I like that saying because it give me permission to let things go that I am only keeping out of guilt. Someone gave me something and I feel like it's disrespectful to part with the item, and yet the person that gave it to me may no longer be in my life for a myriad of reasons. Why do we hold so tight to material possessions when we should simply let go? I am thankful for my mother and for her sage advice to let things go after they have served their purpose in my life.

In the natural it may be easier to let go of the excess than it is in the spiritual. For some reason, guilt, grief, bitterness, loneliness .... those things seem harder to purge from our system. I know for me it is far easier to let go of a card or sentimental item than it is to forgive myself for something I have said or done wrong. It is sometimes easier to stay in my grief than to process it. It is even, dare I say, comfortable to endure the loneliness than risk putting myself out there and being rejected. I am thankful that I don't have to keep these bad feelings anymore.

ROMANS 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

MATTHEW 5:4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

ISAIAH 38:17 Behold, for peace I had great bitterness: but Thou hast in love to my soul delivered it from the pit of corruption: for Thou hast cast all my sins behind Thy back.

PROVERBS 18:24 A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.

Isn't it great that we don't have to stay stuck in the guilt, grief, bitterness, or loneliness. No matter what you may be struggling with today, give it to God. Take your burdens to the Lord and He will help you. He will remove the heavy load and He will give you His burdens which are light. He will give you the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness. You can be free in Jesus' name!

I have people reading my blog all around the globe and I want to tell you all that Jesus Christ loves you so much! He gave His very life for you because He loves you and wants you to live with Him in eternity! There is nothing in this world worth missing heaven for. I am going and I hope you are, too! If you are not sure, just invite Him into your heart; confess you believe Jesus is the Son of God; repent of your sins and ask Him to lead and guide you with the Holy Spirit, and if you believe it you will receive the free gift of salvation. You can never go too far that He can't find you; sin so bad that His blood cannot cover it. That is GOOD NEWS! 

I am thankful that He saved a wretch like me. I am so thankful that He never gave up on me. I read back through my prayer journals and see the same theme over and over for months and then finally I get it and He works on another area of my life. I shake my head and think, "What took me so long?" And then I quickly praise God for being a merciful, long-suffering, loving Heavenly Father who patiently waits for His child to follow as He leads.

God bless you!

~Bridgett Owens

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment