Friday, January 29, 2021

Blessings For You | Fuel For The Weekend

God told me to share my faith on Fridays and call it Fuel For The Weekend. It's my desire that the posts I put up on Fridays will give you something to think about, ponder, consider, and reflect on throughout the weekend.

I was always intrigued in the Bible by the formal blessing a father would give his son before dying. It is so special to have those last words engraved in our hearts. Sometimes death parts us from our loved ones and no kind words were last spoken. That is heart-breaking; makes the tragedy even more sad. Regardless of whether we had a good father on earth or not, all God's children have a wonderful Heavenly Father. He is the perfect parent and He blessed the children of Israel with a very special blessing. 

My son recently stood in my bedroom door when we still lived in Alabama and he said, "Mom, I think God wants me to read this to you." I was not expecting that and honestly I was silently battling some things and I really needed the encouragement. "Go ahead. You can read it to me." And so he began:

NUMBERS 6:24-26 (24)The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: (25)The LORD make His face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: (26)The LORD lift up His countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

What a sweet moment. I had tears well up in my eyes. My heart filled to overflowing. I thanked my 13 year old son for being sensitive to Holy Spirit and obeying. I thanked God for giving me such a sweet boy to share that with me. I thanked God for sharing with me the blessing He told Moses to tell Aaron to tell the children of Israel.

Each verse is special and significant. May God bless and keep us. Keep us free from what? Danger, peril, famine, sickness, financial ruin, natural disasters, pestilence, flood.... from anything that would harm us. We know He does those things every single day for every one of His children.

I love the part that reads May the LORD make His face to shine upon us and be gracious to us. What an intimate way to express the love of our Father. He doesn't turn away from us. He looks us straight into our faces and is gracious to us. Instead of justice and judgment, He offers grace and mercy and forgiveness.

The peace of God that transcends all understanding is a part of this precious blessing. As He looks us in the spiritual eyes He is giving us His peace. He promises to do that when we keep our minds stayed upon Him. He is trading our feelings of guilt and shame and turmoil, feelings of fear and dread and He is giving us His sweet peace! What a great and loving Father we have!

Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

ISAIAH 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth in Thee.

I am so thankful that we serve a wonderful risen Savior. He loves us so much He died for our sins. If we have decided to follow Jesus, let's daily take up our cross to follow where He leads us. (Matthew 16:24) Let's gaze into the eyes of the Heavenly Father and thank Him for His precious promise. He has blessed us with so many good and perfect gifts. Take the time this weekend to reflect on where God has taken you this month. What things have you done? What ways has He blessed you unexpectedly? I have enough to fill a large novel just from what He has done for me this month!

Have a wonderful weekend. Whether you have to work or you don't; whether you go out or stay in; keep your eyes on Jesus. You will never regret it and your weekend will be far better with Him than if you leave Him out! I pray something I shared today has been strength for your journey and light for your way! God bless you!

~Bridgett Owens

No comments:

Post a Comment