Thursday, June 17, 2021

Praying Family & Friends | Thankful Thursday

I am thankful that I have so many wonderful friends and family members I can call on to ask for prayer! I know that God has blessed me abundantly! And God heard and answered prayers from Missouri, Tennessee, Florida, Alabama, and Indiana.

So often in life we have times where we pray and ask God to meet a specific need we have and it's exciting to see God move. It's nice to see how our prayers make a difference. Other times we just feel like we need some help. It isn't that our prayers are not good enough. It's just that we really want the help of others interceding on our behalf. And when we join our faith together God moves mountains!
MATTHEW 18:19-20 (19)Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of My Father which is in heaven. (20)For where two or three are gathered together in My name, there am I in the midst of them.

It's Biblical to touch and agree. Jesus spoke those very words in the book of Matthew. When you have someone praying with you, God is going to answer your prayer according to His Will. If you and a friend are gathered to pray, to spend time studying the Bible, or whatever you do in His name, Jesus promises to be in the middle of it. He is showing up for us! And He showed up for me today!!

Remember the man sick of the palsy? His friends had faith but there is never any mention that the sick man had any. These four friends carried him on his bed of affliction, tore up the roof where Jesus was preaching after not being able to press through the crowds to get to the Healer. They lowered their friend down and Jesus answered their prayers. These four friends were desiring something of the Master. Sometimes we have to join our friends in praying for the wayward ones. God will do something about it! Watch this:

MATTHEW 9:2 And, behold, they brought to Him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee.

Never discount the power of praying friends. I am so thankful that many of you were just a text away. I am grateful for the praying men and women in my life who took the time to set aside what they were doing to pray for me today. It feels like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I am so thankful for all that the LORD has done!

God bless you!

~Bridgett Owens 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment