Thursday, June 24, 2021

Thankful For Reminders | Thankful Thursday

I was just thinking about how different it is to live in Indiana now than it was 2 years ago. So many things has changed and not just because of the virus. It is strange sometimes to be somewhere I have been a hundred times before but instead of feeling familiar, it feels weird and different. Of course, some things haven't changed and sometimes that is good and other times maybe it isn't. What has changed about your life since March 2020?

I am thankful that my husband, my children, and I survived the pandemic. I am thankful that we are all together, even without a home of our own yet. I am thankful for the way things are slowly starting to re-open. I am thankful that masks are not always required in every place we go now. I am thankful that I have a nice job that I truly enjoy. I am thankful for reconnecting with friends I have not seen in years! It is always so good to pick up where we left off as if no time has passed at all.

I am thankful for past professional relationships that have now come full circle. It's so nice to have known people and worked with them in the past and now get the opportunity to work side by side again. It is so important to always be the best you can be. You never know when those people will be in your life again. In my case, she remembered me in a positive light because we had a good working relationship before. Now she takes me under her wing and gives me the guidance I need and is quick to jump in and help me. It's not just good to be your best self because of what you may gain from it in the future. It is good to be your best self because it is what builds character and shows who you really are and that is important.

I am thankful for God's gentle reminders to wait and continue to trust in His promises. The Bible tells us in Isaiah 40:31 "But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Teach me LORD, teach me LORD, to wait. We used to sing this at church and it was such a great encouragement. People would sing and worship God as they waited for the promises to be given.

I have been waiting, but not waiting well. I do good for a while and then I start to get impatient and wonder how much longer it is going to take. But all good things take time and I am thankful for the Bible to remind us that we will get renewed strength as we wait on God. We will fly like eagles and soar high above the problem staring us in the face so we can see the big picture. It says we can run and not get tired and walk and not faint. This passage is not just flattering poetry or metaphors. We honestly will get stronger as we endure hard times as a good soldier. I am making a better effort to wait well.

The truth is that we are not alone in trying to find a home to rent or buy. We are not alone in finding outrageous, unrealistic prices for homes that need a LOT of work. God is going before us and He is making our paths straight, so we know that we can trust Him. He sees the end from the beginning. 
ISAIAH 46:9-11 (9)Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like Me, (10)Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all My pleasure: (11)Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth My counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.

There it is in black and white! God is in charge. There is no one or nothing like our God. He knows the end from the beginning. He declares from the ancient times what will happen in the future. His counsel is never going to be overturned. He does what He wants! He can call a starving bird from the east. He will choose someone from a country far away to execute His plans. He can use anyone or anything He chooses. He speaks it and it is! It comes to pass because the life breather and life giver speaks and what was not, now is. He speaks a thing and makes it happen. Whatever He has purposed and planned to do, He is going to do. So, if God tells you He has something special for you, get ready to receive it because it is coming! It is on the way!

Thank you for joining me today as I count my blessings. I hope you are counting yours, too. May God remind you of all that He has done for you and all He is going to make happen for you. I hope something I shared today has given you strength for your journey and light for your way. God bless you!

~Bridgett Owens

No comments:

Post a Comment