Thursday, November 18, 2021

He Did Not Give Up On Me | Thankful Thursday

I am so thankful that God has never given up on me. I do not always do what I am supposed to do. Sometimes I get angry and quickly act when I should pray and ask God to help me. Sometimes I want to justify myself when I am wrongly accused, instead of praying for those who despitefully use me. I admit to volunteering to do things I know I am good at, because it will require little effort on my part and others will notice. I admit that I still need Jesus's love, grace, and mercy every single moment of my life. I need His forgiveness, His goodness, and His truth to make me free. I need to get closer to Him, listen better, and act quicker than I do.

But, instead of rehearsing these things over and over, my faults and failures and flaws... the way the enemy would like for me to do, I am choosing surrender. I surrender fully to the power of Christ to free me from the bondage of sin, to untangle me from the cares of this life, and to burn my pride to the ground. I want to decrease so He can increase in my life. I want people to mention my name far less than they mention His. I want to shine the light God gave me for the world to see Jesus shining bright, not Bridgett. I want to use my talents and gifts to please God instead of man. I am a work in progress. He is still working on me. He is still challenging me to go deeper in His Word. He is still asking me to deny myself and daily take up my cross to follow Him. He is still in pursuit of me and He has never given up on me.
PSALM 55:22 "Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and He shall sustain thee: He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved."

1 THESSALONIANS 5:16-18 "Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."

PHILIPPIANS 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ."

What are you thanking God for this week? There is ALWAYS something to be thankful for. I am so thankful that God loves us so much that He keeps working with these vessels of clay until we become vessels of honor. Isn't He wonderful?

God bless you!

~Bridgett Owens 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment