Thursday, November 4, 2021

Paul's surgery | Thankful Thursday

 


I am thankful for a lot this week! November 1, my husband Paul had surgery to remove a lipoma on the back of his head. Five years ago he was rear-ended and the trauma from hitting his head in the collision caused a fatty tumor to grow. It started bothering him when he wore his welding hood. He had a consultation with two different surgeons and they both recommended having it removed.

I am thankful that I was able to get off work to be with him at the hospital. I am thankful that even though someone side swiped my car in the parking lot, and won't call me back, I can still drive my vehicle and I can have it fixed without using my insurance because they hit me. I am thankful that my husband is home and healing well. I am thankful that I can use my nursing skills to take care of his drain and change his dressing on his surgical site. I am thankful that the doctor does not think it is cancer. I am thankful that the doctor cut a wide margin around the lipoma so it would have less of a chance to grow back. I am thankful that Paul is resting more and eating well and taking it easy... even if he is forced to.

I know God will heal him completely and without complications. I know he is going to be back to his old self soon and will be able to do all the things he used to do but without the pain and discomfort of the tumor. If you have been praying for him, thank you! We feel the prayers and see God's fingerprints all over this situation. If you have not known about this and feel led to pray for him, we definitely appreciate those prayers and are thankful for them.

PHILIPPIANS 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

EXODUS 15:16 And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in His sight, and will give ear to His commandments, and keep all His statues, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.

What are you thankful for? God bless you!

~Bridgett Owens



No comments:

Post a Comment