Thursday, January 20, 2022

God In Charge | Thankful Thursday

God in charge?

I have been intentionally giving God my day. I start out reading my devotional and have some quiet time with God. I pray and ask Him to take charge over the day ahead of me. I want Him to order my steps, lead me and guide me. He never fails to show up for me. He always takes over and the difference is huge compared to days I take life on by myself. I am so thankful He is in charge of my day.

Things do not always go easy, or smooth, when I place my day in His capable hands, but the stress level is diminished to nearly nothing. If I get worked up when things don't go my way, Holy Spirit reminds me that God is working all things for my good and it brings calm to the chaos and I feel relieved. Have you ever tried that? Have you asked God to take over your day?

It's Biblical to do this. I have four scriptures to share with you that not only encourage us to do this, but gives us a promise. Check it out:
PSALM 37:23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and He delights in his way.

The steps of a good man are what? Ordered by the LORD. That sounds like God is in charge. It delights Him when we walk in the way of holiness, in the way that God has outlined in His Word. This particular verse reminds us that if we give God our day, He will set us on the path He wants us to walk in and it will make God happy!

PSALM 119:133 Order my steps in Thy Word: and let not any iniquity have dominion over me.

I have to be honest. I do not remember reading this verse. I know Psalm 119 is a long chapter, but what a gold nugget nestled in this lengthy portion of Scripture. The common denominator in this concept of giving God our day is that we are walking in the ways of God. We are living what we read. Remember we are called to be a hearer of the Word and a DOER! (James 1:22) If we are walking according to God's plans and purposes for our lives then sin will not have dominion over us. We will not be overpowered by sin, even though temptation is all around.

JAMES 1:2-3 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

Usually this passage is quoted when we go through trials to encourage us. It can also be used when talking about giving God our day. We can be in the perfect will of God and still be tempted. We are human. We live in a fallen world and the enemy wants to tempt us at every turn. But if we hold fast to faith we will be grow in patience. Our spiritual fruit will grow and become evident in other areas of our life.

PROVERBS 3:6 In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.

If we admit God is who He says He is in every area of our life, we will be directed by Him through this life. Is He Jehovah Jireh, God our provider in our finances when the bills are due and the money is gone? Is God Jehovah Shalom, God our peace when we feel anxiety or depression? Is God Jehovah Rophe, God our healer when the doctors give up hope and have no more answers? Is God Jehovah Nissi, God our battle fighter? We do not have to fight these battles, God fights for us and He always causes us to triumph according to 2 Corinthians 2:14.

Friends, it is not only a good idea to give God our day, it is vital for our spiritual survival. The times I rush ahead and go about my day without God leading me has been hard and frustrating and I always think to myself, What is this, Pick-On-Bridgett-Day? But the then the Spirit of Truth reminds me that I have not handed the day over to God. The good news it is not too late. When I realize what I have done, I can quickly ask God to forgive me for not making time for Him and ask Him to help me. You know what He does? He doesn't pout, scold me, ignore me, or abandon me. He lovingly comes alongside me, scoots me back on the path He wants me to walk on and leads me gently on. He will do the same for you.

This Thankful Thursday I am thankful God is in charge. He knows what is best for each one of us. He sees the beginning, middle, and ending. He knows what roads we need to travel to build our character, draw us closer to Him, and increase our endurance. I hope this has been encouraging for you. I hope that something I shared today has been strength for your journey and light for your way. God bless you!

~Bridgett Owens

No comments:

Post a Comment