Thursday, February 3, 2022

Snow Thankful | Thankful Thursday

It's a snow day!

I am so thankful that I am not going to work tomorrow, and that Javan is not going to school the rest of the week. I am in need of some rest and this is the perfect opportunity to get some. I am going to snuggle up with my fuzzy blanket and fuzzy socks and look at the snow from my window. I do not enjoy cold weather, ice and snow, but I can appreciate a snow day!

What are some of the things you are thankful for today? Have you been counting your blessings with me each week? My friend bought me a gratitude journal and it is so fun to write about the good things in my life. I have lots of gratitude journals and it is a great way to stay positive and focus on the good.

I thought I would share some things others were thankful for in the Bible.

  • Hannah was grateful she was able to conceive after years of infertility.
1 SAMUEL 1:27 For this child I prayed: and the LORD hath given me my petition which I asked of Him.

  • Daniel was thankful God spared his life when king Nebuchadnezzar wanted to kill all the wise men who could not interpret his dream.
         DANIEL 2:20-23 Daniel answered and said, Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever;             for wisdom and might are His: And He changeth the times and seasons: He removeth kings,          and setteth up kings: He giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know                 understanding: He revealeth the deep and secret things: He knoweth what is in the darkness,          and the light dwelleth with Him. I thank Thee, and praise Thee, O Thou God of my fathers,          Who hast given me wisdom and might, and hast made known unto me now what we desired          of Thee: for Thou hast now made known unto us the king's matter.

  • Jesus was thankful His Father always heard Him.
        JOHN 11:41b-42 Father, I thank Thee that Thou hast heard Me. And I knew that Thou                    hearest Me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe            that Thou hast sent Me.

  • David wanted to not remain silent about how grateful he was toward God.
        PSALM 30:12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to Thee, and not be silent. O LORD         my God, I will give thanks unto Thee for ever.

  • Paul was thankful God always causes us to triumph in Christ Jesus.
        2 CORINTHIANS 2:14 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in                Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of His knowledge by us in every place.

It may seem rather silly to be thankful for a snow day, but I have a really big reason to be grateful for a day of rest. And to God, He is always listening for us to be thankful. We ask so much from Him. We should spend some time just being thankful of all we already have.

God bless you as you count your blessings!

~Bridgett Owens

No comments:

Post a Comment