Thursday, August 4, 2022

So Many Blessings | Thankful Thursday


Last week I missed my Friday blog post: Fuel for the Weekend. I also missed posting my 5 Minute Friday on my YouTube channel. I had been up late waiting on my husband to get off work around midnight Friday morning. We talked a little bit and then I went to sleep because I had a very early doctor's appointment that I absolutely needed to keep for work. I brought home some breakfast for Javan and Paul and myself and then I laid down to take a nap. I have not been sleeping well lately and my allergies are really bothering me. My sister called me but I did not realize it. When I woke up I saw a text message from her and a missed call. My brother sent me and our other sister a text message telling us that our oldest sister was in an accident with our brother-in-law.

I immediately called her and found that she was in the Emergency Room. They had been hit by another driver who was going too fast in the rainy conditions. They tried to swerve to avoid the person but was hit head on. Their vehicle flipped and struck a tree which came crashing down into their sunroof area. Glass went everywhere including my sister's hair. My brother-in-law suffered no major injuries. My sister has a fracture in her knee. God had his hands on them and the person who hit them was not injured at all. He was driving so fast because he was late for a meeting.

I let my brother and our other sister know what was going on. I called my mom and she was at her friend's house, a wonderful woman of God, and we began to pray. My aunt called and had the prayer chain going in Florida, where she used to live. Other prayer chains began to go around here in Indiana. I believe heaven was bombarded with prayer for them and God was right with them all along in Tennessee. He has been doing one miraculous thing after another for them and I give God all the glory. She goes back to the doctor soon and is expecting them to not find anything wrong with her leg. They said she might need surgery to fix the fracture. But we know God heals and delivers and saves and sets free. We believe He is going to get all the glory, honor, and praise for all that He is doing! It is coming in ripples!!!

Please do continue to pray for my sister and brother-in-law. Their car is totaled and we all understand what a hassle dealing with insurance companies can be. She is in a wheelchair and unable to bear weight on that leg, but we know God is already working it all out.

Today I am so thankful for my sister and brother-in-law to be spared and for the gifts and callings on their life. They love the LORD with all their heart and are never too busy to pray for others in need. I am so thankful for them and for what God is doing in their lives and in the life of their son, my sweet nephew! He is now in the family of God, gave his heart to the Lord and is getting baptized! What a wonderful work He is doing in their lives. I am so thankful.

What are you thankful for today? I am counting my blessings and there are so many other things I do not have the time or space to write about that He is doing in our lives. I am also thankful for my new job and how God has worked out all those details and allowed me to be able to see my son off to his first day of high school. He had a wonderful day and I am so thankful. God is answering so many of our prayers!!

EPHESIANS 3:20-21 Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto Him be glory in the Church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end, Amen.

God bless you!
~Bridgett Owens

No comments:

Post a Comment