Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Psalm 33 | Wednesday Bible Study


Welcome back to another Bible Study Wednesday! I had a back injury August 13 and I have been down ever since. I have used chiropractic care, physical therapy, medication, rest, ice, relaxation, distraction, a cane, and this Friday I will see a neurosurgeon. I have been unable to sit up for long. My endurance and strength is diminished. So I neglected my blog, my Instagram Reels, and my YouTube channel. It has been a painful journey and I have been out of work with no pay all this time. But, God told me to get back to those things. He wants me to share my faith and His goodness and Holiness and Mercy and Love with the world. So, today we will jump in right where we left off. Today we will look at Psalm 33.

It is no coincidence that we are starting with this particular chapter. It is a song of hope. It is a psalm of encouragement! It is a reminder that God is not finished with us yet!!

If you have not read through these 22 verses, please do. Pray and ask Holy Spirit to lead you and guide you. Ask Him for wisdom, knowledge, and discernment.

VERSES 1-3
I do not know who wrote this particular psalm. The psalmist tells us in these first three verses to rejoice, to praise, to play the harp, to sing, to play stringed instruments. Verse three tells us to be loud. No timid worship. We are glorifying the King of kings and Lord of lords. We are not to make a racket but we are to play with skill. We must give our best effort in praise to God who gave us the gifts and abilities. 

VERSES 4-7
The psalmist tells us about God and His Word. He is right. Nothing in your life may appear to be going right but God’s way is right! All that He does is honest. He loves righteousness and justice. The earth is full of the goodness of God. He breathed and stars appeared. He spoke and He created all that is. He gathers up the deepest oceans in a heap. What a great testament about how great and Mighty our God is. 

VERSES 8-9
Let the whole world stand in awe of how amazing God is. Look at verse nine! God spoke and it was DONE! God commanded and it stood fast!!! What has God spoken over you? Walk in it!

VERSES 10-11
God brings all the wicked plots and schemes to nothing. Their plans are ineffective! Conversely, God’s plans stand forever. The thoughts of His heart for us will last for ALL generations!!

VERSES 12-15
What nation is blessed? The nation whose God is the LORD! Those are the people He chooses for His inheritance! God looks from heaven to all of mankind. Up in glory, God looks way down below to all who dwell on earth. He made our hearts the same. We all have a deep need only Jesus can fill. He considers the work we do. 

VERSES 16-17
There is no royalty, no government official, no rich person saved by many people or by brute strength. It is ridiculous to trust in technology, horsepower, or anything else with great strength. What hope of deliverance do we have? Let’s keep reading!

VERSES 18-21
God’s eye sees those who fear Him and hope in His mercy. He delivers our soul from death and we won’t starve in famine. When life is hard and we think we are done for, God helps us and protects us as we wait on Him. We can rejoice like the psalmist told us to do in the first three verses of this psalm. Why? Because we trust in Jesus! 

VERSE 21
May our prayer be: “Let Your mercy, God, be upon us, according as we hope in You.”

Is your hope in the government, medication, science, research, education, finances, career, other people?? Where do you place your trust, in a spouse, a friend, a pastor? Friends, let us put our hope and trust in the only One able to save and deliver. His name is Jesus Christ. 

I apologize for the delay in keeping up with my blog. I am using my phone to share today’s Bible study. I hope to be settled soon with my computer and physical healing but until then I will do what I can to continue to share God’s message of peace, love, mercy, and salvation in alternate ways.

I hope something you read on the blog today has been strength for your journey and light for your way! God bless you!

~Bridgett Owens

No comments:

Post a Comment