Thursday, April 22, 2021

7 Bible Journaling Essentials That Won't Break The Bank | Thankful Thursday

 

If you want to study the Bible you only need a Bible, quiet time to listen, and a prayer from your heart requesting Holy Spirit teach you what He wants you to know. Nothing fancy. You can even use a Bible app for free on your phone if you do not own a Bible. There is nothing like opening up the physical Bible though and turning the pages, seeing the highlight marks, and reading familiar passages.

If you want to do some Bible journaling or creatively journal your faith in a notebook, I have a video today that gives you seven ideas that can get you started and some affordable options for those who are just starting out. I hope it helps you choose some things to get you started.

I have links in the description box of the YouTube video for products I mentioned from online shops. There is of course our shop, Blue's Blessings, and then Faith Heirlooms where they have beautiful covered Bibles in different sizes and beautiful bow clips. I also like stickers from Nashs PrintWork. These store names are clickable links so you can click on the name in this blog post and go straight to the store.

I am thankful to have a creative outlet to journal my faith. I use a lot of different notebooks to do this. I have used micro Happy Planner notes. I use different size Traveler's Notebooks inserts. I have made note cards, blessing cards, and decorated inside my Bible. It is all a personal preference and the way you choose to creatively journal your faith is completely up to you. You can pick an expensive notebook, use a sheet of copy paper, or make a junk journal with junk mail and other items many may toss in the garbage. It is up to you and what you want to do.

There are things I did not cover like stencils, painting, stamping, and more. I just wanted to share some essential items to help you get started. As I say in the video it is by no means an exhaustive list. And some of these items you may not want to even use at all. For instance, I like a metal ruler. If I use a slicing tool like an exacto knife, I am not going to damage the metal ruler like I could a wooden one. I can stick alphabet stickers on the edge of the metal ruler and easily place my word down in the precise location by having the freedom to move it about the page. So for those reasons and others I enjoy the metal ruler. It was only $1 at the Dollar Tree. It is a great tool for many uses besides measuring and affordable, as well. But, watch the video to see what essentials you think you may want to try to get started.

I am so thankful for having a creative outlet. Our Heavenly Father is the ultimate Creator. He is the original. We are to be like Him, so when we have a desire to creatively journal our faith, we should do so to honor and please Him. It's nice to get compliments from others who see our work, but the main focus should be in honoring God and worshiping who He is. It should not be on the stuff we do or do not have. I am thankful to have a lot of tools and supplies but I have been doing this for 21 years so I have accumulated a lot over time. It is not something I recommend anyone rush into. Take your time and see what you like. Ask a friend if they can let you try their stamps, or paper trimmer. If you have a local scrapbook store, stop in and just see if you can get a tutorial on how some of the items work. If not, there are a lot of video tutorials showing how to use different products. If it is something you want to try, then go for it!

Thank you for hanging out with me today! I am so excited to share this video with you. Let me know if you have any thoughts, comments, or questions. I would love to help you as we creatively journal our faith! God bless you!

~Bridgett Owens






No comments:

Post a Comment