Thursday, May 6, 2021

God's Word For Today | Thankful Thursday

Welcome back to another Thankful Thursday. I always enjoy counting my blessings here with you all. One of the things I am thankful for is free Bible study materials. My church provides free devotion booklets called God's Word For Today. These booklets are such a great resource when studying the Bible. The devotional booklet is free to anyone who wants one and it has a three month devotional plan. As you can see this devotional booklet is for June, July, and August 2021. There is a beautiful photograph on the cover and a scripture in the NIV translation. As you all know I am a KJV girl so I look up the scriptures in my Bible and I never have a problem with that. The summer issue's scripture is:
JEREMIAH 17:7,8 (NIV) Blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord....They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots into the stream.

JEREMIAH 17:7,8 (KJV) (7)Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. (8)For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding her fruit. 

This is Volume 75, Number 4 but honestly it does not matter which devotional you get. You can even get an older volume and number and the material is so good to work through. This page (below) shows the dates in one column, the name of the writer and their title in the middle column and then the pages of those devotions in the column on the right. This is nice because if you like a particular style of writing, you may be able to look up more information on the writer.
These next two photos are of the summer issue introduction pages, a Quicklook excerpt, and a Daily Prayer Emphasis. I am so excited to jump in to this starting in June because we are going to read Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther, and finish up other historical books of the Old Testament. Since we are studying Ezra here on this blog every Wednesday, I think this is the perfect timing!
The devotional content begins on Tuesday, June 1. Beneath the title lists the scriptures to read. Then at the bottom of the devotional is the Thought for Today, a Quicklook reference, and Daily Prayer Emphasis. I love that each day it gives a different geographical location to pray for the residents there. This is going to be a great devotional to work through and I am so thankful this is a free resource at my church.

Inside the front cover there is contact information for ordering God's Word for Today. If you visit their website here you can order this devotional. It looks like it is $4.39 at the time this blog post is published. You can visit www.MyHealthyChurch.com or call 1-800-641-4310 for more information.

I am thankful this organization offers this amazing resource. If you are just starting to study God's Word, this would be a great way to dive in. If you have been an avid Bible reader and enjoy these types of studies, this would be a wonderful addition to the studies you are doing. I am not sponsored or affiliated in any way with this organization. I just wanted to share something I am going to be using this summer to study God's Word and wanted to let you know how to get your own copy if you are interested.

Thank you for spending time with me today as we count our blessings on this Thankful Thursday. Let me know if you get a copy of this! I have had other devotional booklets from them before and I am excited about starting the summer issue. Have a wonderful day! Be sure to come back tomorrow for some Fuel For The Weekend! God bless you!

~Bridgett Owens









 

No comments:

Post a Comment