Friday, May 14, 2021

Scriptures For Tough Times | Fuel For The Weekend

We have made it to the end of another week. I don't know about you, but I am ready for the weekend! My daughter has an appointment this morning and she will be getting some results back. We are praying for good results but we know that this is a serious health issue and so we are praying and trusting God. Have you been worried or stressed lately? Do you have a health issue that has you concerned? Are you praying for a loved one? Is there more month than money left over? Are you asking God for something special and it looks like it might not happen? I want to share some scriptures on how to combat fear and stand on the promises of God. These are some of my favorites to stand on and a few I have found that I am going to start standing on. I hope you will join me.
PSALM 56:3 What time I am afraid, I will trust in Thee.

1 PETER 5:7 Cast all your care upon Him; for He careth for you.

1 JOHN 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

2 TIMOTHY 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

PHILIPPIANS 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

ISAIAH 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of My righteousness.

DEUTERONOMY 3:22 Ye shall not fear them: for the LORD your God He shall fight for you.

EXODUS 15:26 And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in His sight, and wilt give ear to His commandments, and keep all His statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.

PSALM 30:2 O LORD my God, I cried unto Thee, and Thou hast healed me.

PSALM 43:5 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise Him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

PSALM 107:20 He sent His Word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.

PROVERBS 16:24 Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

ISAIAH 53:5 But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed.

JEREMIAH 17:14 Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for Thou art my praise.

JEREMIAH 33:6 Behold, I will bring it health and cure, and I will cure them, and will reveal unto them the abundance of peace and truth.

3 JOHN 1:2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

PHILIPPIANS 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

PSALM 37:4 Delight thyself also in the LORD: and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

PSALM 12:5 For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, saith the LORD; I will set him in safety from him that puffeth at him.

PSALM 40:17 But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: Thou art my helper and deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.

ISAIAH 41:17 When the poor and needy seek water, and there is none, and their tongue faileth for thirst, I the LORD will hear them, I the God of Israel will not forsake them.

HEBREWS 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. 

What are your favorite scriptures? What helps you the most when life is scary or the unknown is staring you in the face? We do not have to be afraid. As Christians, we have hope and we have Jesus. There is nothing more we need than God on our side. Amen? 

I hope this post has encouraged you and helped you. I am holding on to God's Word to get me through this life, with the highs and the lows. How about you? I pray something I have shared today has given you strength for your journey and light for your way. God bless you!

~Bridgett Owens

No comments:

Post a Comment