Thursday, May 12, 2022

Answered Prayer | Thankful Thursday


It's Thankful Thursday; time to count our blessings. What has God been doing in your lives lately? What blessings are you counting today? I read a really encouraging passage this morning. I opened my Bible and there it was on the page. Don't you love how God does that? I want to share the verse today.
1 JOHN 5:13-15 (13)These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. (14)And this is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask any thing according to His will, He heareth us; (15)And if we know that He hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired (asked) of Him.

This encouraged me when I read it because it tells me that I have assurance in Jesus that if I ask anything in line with God's will He will give me what I am praying for. Why is this so important to know? It is important to know that when we pray for things that God wants us to have, we will get them because it increases our faith. We do not have to doubt or fear that God will say no or ignore us. The enemy likes to torment us and say that our requests are trivial and God is too busy to be bothered. He makes us believe that God does not care about the cares and passions we have but that is a lie.

Today I am excited to know God loves me. He hears my prayers and He is going to answer me! That is something to be thankful for!! God bless you!

~Bridgett Owens

No comments:

Post a Comment