Friday, May 6, 2022

Show Up Anyway | Fuel For The Weekend


Each Friday God wants me to share my faith in such a way that it causes you to think, ponder, consider, and reflect on all weekend long. My desire is that each Fuel For The Weekend post is so thought-provoking that you begin a dialogue with your family and friends and discuss the ideas further. I may never know on this side of heaven if I am making a difference in anyone else's lives, but these blog posts strengthen me, stretch me, and encourage me to keep going in this race.

A friend asked me to do something for them recently. At first, I hesitated. I have not been feeling the best and did not want to do it, but I did not say no. I thought about it and was just not sure how to politely decline. I did not have any good reason not to do what was asked of me. So, I finally said I would do it. I was fasting at the time and that really takes a lot out of me physically. It is really draining and I already was not feeling well. I knew agreeing to do what was asked of me would be a good thing to do, but I did not fully understand the impact I would make.

I was able to minister to my friend, share about something deeply personal, and watch as tears filled their eyes. They found hope again and a different perspective than they had before. Sometimes it helps when someone who has walked in your shoes before gives you a glimpse of how your story could end.
2 CORINTHIANS 1:1-7 (1)Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, unto the church of God which is at Corinth, with all the saints which are in all Achaia: (2)Grace be to you and peace from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ. (3)Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; (4)Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God. (5)For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ. (6)And whether we be afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer: or whether we be comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation. (7)And our hope of you is stedfast, knowing, that as ye are partakers of the sufferings, so shall ye be also of the consolation.
Paul, Javan, and I went out to look at some land. We thought it might be a good option for us and we were full of hope and excitement. We saw the property and it was nothing like we saw in the photos online. It was a disaster and even though our hopes were dashed for that particular property, we knew it was a definite "No" from God. That is encouraging because we got our answer immediately. We continue to believe there is something coming for us very soon. Until God answers, we will keep trusting and hoping.
PSALM 31:24 Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.

PSALM 71:5 For Thou art my hope, O LORD God, Thou art my trust from my youth.

What do you plan to do this weekend? Who do you hope to bless? Whose situation can you speak life into? What encouragement can you give? Have you asked God to make plans for you this weekend? It is Mother's Day weekend. Some have lost their mothers, others are estranged, and some have toxic relationships with their mother. Not everyone has a Hallmark experience and I understand that. I hope that you will celebrate this weekend, thankful for a good mother, or a good mother figure, in your life. Was there a neighbor, friend, grandparent, or elder at your church you looked up to? If you are a mother, I want to wish you a very happy Mother's Day. Some have wayward sons and daughters. This Sunday may be hard for a lot of mothers who mourn their children in one way or another. I pray that God allows you to feel honored and loved like you deserve. Remember Jesus loves you so much. He will be your anchor, strength, refuge, Mighty Fortress to run to when times are overwhelming and hard. Don't miss the chance to bless someone else this weekend. You never know when your words can speak life into a dead situation and cause someone to hold a little tighter to God's unchanging hand.
EPHESIANS 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
God bless you!

~Bridgett Owens

No comments:

Post a Comment