Thursday, July 7, 2022

Creative Outlets | Thankful Thursday


My daughter and I enjoy creatively journaling our faith. We use traveler's notebook inserts instead of our journaling in our Bibles and we have a great time. We are currently working on a kit from By the Well 4 God called Famous Last Words. We are not going through this devotional study kit as fast as others we studied before but things are different now in our lives, too. Hopefully when we find our own home we will be able to have all our study materials out and can work on devotionals more often.
Each devotional study kit comes in a linen/canvas type drawstring bag with the name of the kit on the outside. It makes it a great way to find the kit we are working on and when we are done with the devotional book, we can put it in the drawstring bag along with our traveler's notebook insert to store it.
This is a look at the devotional book. I love the typewriter on the front and it has been so nice to work our way through the kit at our own pace. I like having Kadesia work on the kit with me but sometimes I work on it as I get time, by myself.
This is the insert I am using for this kit. I used stickers from the kit to decorate the front and remind me which kit it belongs to.
I prepped all the pages the same way. On the left side, I have a piece of decorative paper in this marbled/watercolor design. I add a piece of cardstock at the bottom to look like it could be an identification card. I use pictures from magazines to place in the small square box and then I write the name of the person, their title or a description about them, their famous last words scripture, and the name of the devotional kit. 
On the right side is where I do my journaling, answer questions from the devotional, or write a prayer. I used some washi to frame the page. I used my label maker to type out the question, "What great things has God done for you?", and then I used some transparent dots as bullet points. My response was:
*Salvation and sanctification. He has never given up on me.
*A family that loves God and me. My husband, Paul; my daughter, Kadesia; and my son, Javan.
*Hears and answers all my prayers even if I have to wait.
*Provided a house for us to stay in until He gives us our own.
This is not even a drop in the bucket of the great things He has done for me.

I completed this particular page on June 19, 2022. I do not have time to work on it today, but maybe this weekend I will have an opportunity to work on the next profile. I have three more to go and then I will start another Bible study devotional. I have some Illustrated Faith kits, and others I want to use as well from different companies. I love to creatively journal my faith in my traveler's notebook.

What Bible study are you working through? Do you creatively journal your faith? Do you do Bible journaling? Today I am thankful for the men and women who share their faith and knowledge with those of us on the journey towards Home. I am counting creatively journaling my faith as one of the things I am thankful for today. What are you thankful for?

I hope you have been encouraged and inspired to dig into God's Word today and count your blessings on this Thankful Thursday. God bless you!

~Bridgett Owens

No comments:

Post a Comment