Thursday, July 21, 2022

Thankful For My New Job | Thankful Thursday


I am thankful to be a licensed practical nurse. The journey was long and hard, but it was also full of learning and gaining friendships. Many of you may know that in the middle of my nursing program my daddy went home to be with the Lord. He encouraged me so much. I spent many late night/early mornings with my dad because he did not want to be alone. I would stay until he would finally be comfortable again and then I would go home and get ready for my clinicals and do it all again. It was God and God alone that sustained me through that time. I do not regret one moment staying with my dad or any sleep lost.

My dad never introduced me to others as anything other than, "This is Bridgett, my daughter. She is going to be a nurse." Sometimes he would say, "She is a nurse." This was what got me through the times when Dad was gone and every patient I was given had colon cancer and was around my dad's age. I felt like it was a cruel joke. My nursing instructor told me it would make me a better nurse, more compassionate, and that, she told me, was something that could not be taught.

I am going to orientation again tomorrow at my new job. I thank God that I was able to find my nursing notebook and mini happy planner so I could take notes and do all the things tomorrow that I need to do. I am thankful for my new job, the income, and the bonus, and the opportunity to be the best nurse I can be for the families I will work with. What are you thanking God for?

COLOSSIANS 3:22-24 Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God; And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

~Bridgett Owens

No comments:

Post a Comment