Thursday, July 28, 2022

We Are Important to God | Thankful Thursday


This is the final week of summer vacation for my son! He has had an eventful summer and did a lot of things on his summer bucket list, but we just couldn't get to everything on there. It's hard to believe we are enjoying the last few days of July. Monday we start August and three days into next month Javan starts high school. Time is just gone! But I had to take some time this evening to count my blessings with all of you. Are you ready?

I wanted to thank God for loving me so much that He thinks about me. I am not an afterthought. I am not forgotten or ignored. God literally thinks about me and has included me in His amazing plan for this world and for His Kingdom. Do you know that you are important to God? You and I are always on our Father's mind! That makes me feel so good to realize I am on His mind.



John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

What a promise! Jesus said this and it is true. We know God loved us so much that Jesus, God's own Son, stood in the gap between us and God and with His precious blood, Jesus paid for our sins. He could have pardoned us and that would have been enough! That was the ultimate sacrifice! But, Jesus did not just come to bail us out of sin. He came to give us life more abundant.

A more abundant life is not the addition of material possessions. It is the addition of peace, love, joy, patience, kindness, meekness, gentleness, goodness, and faith. It is not having the absence of problems, but living in God's presence where there is fullness of joy! What a blessing!

Friends, I am thankful that you and I matter to God. If we will turn our hearts toward Him, we will live an abundant life like we have never known. Trust Him! He is the giver of every good and perfect gift. I hope you will count your blessings with me today. What are you grateful for on this Thankful Thursday?

God bless you!

~Bridgett Owens

No comments:

Post a Comment