Thursday, July 14, 2022

Other People's Judgment | Thankful Thursday

Today is Thankful Thursday. Time to count our blessings. I am back in my Traveler's Notebook today studying "Famous Last Words" devotional from By The Well 4 God.



This is today's Bible journaling entry. I learned about king Agag's last words.

I remember reading what happened to Saul when he did not kill king Agag and all the livestock and destroy the Amalekites. I did not remember what Agag's last words were, but it is found in 1 Samuel 15:32 Then said Samuel, Bring ye hither to me Agag the king of the Amalekites. And Agag came unto him delicately (cautiously). And Agag said, Surely the bitterness of death is past. It reminds me of the warning in Proverbs 16:19 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

God wanted the king of the Amalekites dead. King Saul was supposed to do it and he disobeyed God. So, king Agag thought he was getting another chance to do battle again. He was thinking he had escaped death but the prophet Samuel did what God wanted done and in verse 33, Samuel cut him to pieces before God.

I am thankful we have these true accounts of history so we can be learn from what others have done. I am sure we have all justified sin in our lives at one time or another. We may have had prideful hearts and thought we had escaped the wrath of God, but I want to be like the prophet Samuel in this situation and do what would please God. King Saul was removed from the kingdom. King Agag was violently murdered in Gilgal. We do not want to be like these wicked men. We want to be like the prophet Samuel who did the will of the LORD.

Thankfully today we do not have physical enemies to slay. We know the devil is our adversary and we can suit up in the full armor of God to defeat him. We must do the harder right than the easier wrong. I thank God for the warning of God's Word. What are you thankful for?

Thank you for joining me today. I hope you count your blessings all day. God is worthy of all praise and honor. Be sure to thank Him for the great things He is doing in your lives. I will do the same. God bless you!

~Bridgett Owens

No comments:

Post a Comment