Thursday, March 24, 2022

Extra! Extra! Read All About It! | Thankful Thursday


These are some of the TOP HEADLINES today on ESPN: 
  • Sources: NYC mandate to be rolled back Thu.
  • Masvidal booked on battery, mischief charges
  • Sources: U.S. snowboard accused of interference
From USA TODAY some news stories include:
  • US to accept 100,000 Ukraine refugees; Zelenskyy calls for worldwide peace rally at NATO summit: Live Ukraine updates
  • Russian elites, Duma: Updates
  • 'Awful senseless mess': Russian journalist killed while filming in Kyiv
  • Madeleine Albright, former Secretary of State, dies at 84
  • Citing neglect, Florida increasingly removes kids from poor families
  • Hospitals needed help in COVID crisis. Trump and Biden fell short.
  • Latino college students dropped out at highest rates during pandemic
  • North Korea test-fired suspected intercontinental ballistic missile, Japan says
  • 6 students killed in crash were in car that seats 4, officials say
  • See damage after tornadoes hit New Orleans area
The News. This is where we are expected to get our information from. Those who absorb the news think they are well-informed. I get my news from another source: the Bible. It is God's Holy Word. It is anointed and powerful on it's own. I do not need to add to it or take anything away. I am not telling you to never watch the news, but I am also not telling you to watch the news and soak in every word that is spoken. Unfortunately, much of the news we see is propaganda and many times it is false information. Hebrews 4:12 says this about the Bible, For the Word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. That is quite impressive! One book, the Holy Bible, written Word of God is alive and active. It is divisive, slicing between things others cannot separate. It distinguishes between what we think and the motives of our hearts.

Today on this Thankful Thursday, I am excited about the future. I am looking forward to the time that will come to pass that we can read about in Micah chapter four. Let's read this GOOD NEWS together.
MICAH 4:1-5 (1)But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the LORD shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it. (2)And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the house of the God of Jacob; and He will teach us of His ways, and we will walk in His paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the Word of the LORD from Jerusalem. (3)And He shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn of war any more. (4)But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid: for the mouth of the LORD of hosts hath spoken it. (5)For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of our God for ever and ever.
I don't know about you, but I am looking forward to times of peace and not of war; times of joy and not sorrow; times of healing and not pain. I do not want to bury another loved one. I do not want to part with another friend. I am ready for God to rule and reign forever and ever. He is the Holy One and the Righteous Judge who sits on the throne forever more.

Think of what a wonderful transition that will be: from a life of hardships, sorrow, loss, suffering, and lack to one day living at peace and in harmony. It reminds me of the promise we have in Revelation. That particular passage brings me such comfort and strengthens my faith and hope that one day it will be like the Word of God says.
REVELATION 21:1-7 (1)And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. (2)And I John saw the Holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. (3)And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself shall be with them, and be their God. (4)And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes: and there shall be no more death, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. (5)And He that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new, And He said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. (6)And He said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. (7)He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be My son.
These are the news headlines over my day today. I am choosing to meditate on the Word of God and what He has promised for His children. It is okay to know what is going on in our world, but look at everything through the lens of scripture and do not be deceived. Soon this old world will pass away. We will be facing eternity sometime and there are only two options: You prepared for it and are ready; or you put it off and chose not to believe, and you are not going to inherit the promise of Revelation 21:7. The choice really is ours. What will you do?

I hope you will count your blessings along with me on this Thankful Thursday and enjoy the GOOD NEWS headlines I have discovered among the pages of God's Word. God bless you!

~Bridgett Owens

No comments:

Post a Comment