Friday, March 11, 2022

Fuel Up For Free | Fuel For The Weekend

Happy Friday, friends. We have made it to the one day of the week most of us long for. I am working today and will be busy but I wanted to hop on here and share a little Fuel For The Weekend. Do you
have plans this weekend? Our family has a very important meeting scheduled tomorrow and it's exciting and scary all at the same time. We are looking forward to church on Sunday, too. Whatever you are doing and however you spend your weekend, I pray that it is a blessed time and productive in advancing God's Kingdom on the earth!

Have you ever been in a situation where you know you did something you shouldn't have, or said something that you should have just been silent about? Was someone upset with you? It does not feel good to have someone angry with me and especially when I have done something I knew I should not have done. The relationship changes a little and distance creeps in. The same is true when we sin and God is upset about the intentional sin we have committed and we start to feel distance in our relationship. It feels like God is not as close. Why? There is now something between us and God...it is the sin that we have in our lives.

Now going back to the original question where a friend or family member or coworker is upset with us for what we have said or done in error; doesn't it just feel so good to apologize to that person and get back in right standing with them? When I am willing to humble myself, acknowledge I messed up, and vow to do my best to not repeat that same mistake, the other person often softens, too. The wall comes down and we are able to fellowship again. How much more wonderful is it when our Heavenly Father hears our repentant prayer, accepts our apology, cleanses us from all unrighteousness, and we are now free to commune with God intimately that we were unable to before? I am so thankful that He is so loving, kind, and forgiving.

I want to give you some fuel for the weekend. There is a really short chapter in the book of Isaiah and it really speaks to me about the benefits that follow reconciling with God. I do not know if you have ever read this before but it is so beautiful and I want to share it here today.
ISAIAH 12:1-6 (1)And in that day thou shalt say, O LORD, I will praise Thee: though Thou wast angry with me, Thine anger is turned away, and Thou comfortedst me. (2)Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; He also is become my salvation. (3)Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation. (4)And in that day ye shall say, Praise the LORD, call upon His name, declare His doings among the people, make mention that His name is exalted. (5)Sing unto the LORD; for He hath done excellent things: this is known in all the earth. (6)Cry out and shout, Thou inhabitant of Zion: for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee.
I absolutely love this passage. "I will praise You God, and though You were angry with me before, now Your anger has turned away from me and You comfort me!" This is such a beautiful illustration of the way our Heavenly Father lovingly holds us and comforts us after a time of separation. He longs to be in fellowship with us, too. He misses the closeness we once shared when I strayed from Him. The same is true with how He feels about you.

I will trust You God and not be afraid. No matter what my situation looks like, no matter how bleak things may appear, I am trusting You God and I will not let fear have a place in my heart. JEHOVAH is my salvation, my strength, and my song. Psalm 56:3 What time I am afraid, I will trust in Thee.

With joy we shall draw water out of the wells of salvation. We will gladly go to the Living Water and enjoy times of refreshing. Amen? What an exciting idea that we can freely receive a cup of fresh life anytime we desire! This life can leave us dry, depleted, and disappointed but we have the opportunity to come anytime and draw water from the wells of salvation. When we come with joy we can receive the thirst-quenching, life-renewing water that will never run dry. We have an unlimited resource in our Heavenly Father! Revelation 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Let's praise Him today. Let's tell others what He is doing in our lives. Let's be encouragers to those around us and make mention that His name is to be exalted. We must decrease so that He can increase. John 3:30 He must increase, but I must decrease. All the praise, honor, and glory are due Him. He is worthy of it all! He is great and greatly to be praised. Psalm 145:3 Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; and His greatness is unsearchable. I magnify His great name and honor my King Jesus. He is daily working on our behalf, working all things together for our good and blessing us in ways we cannot even imagine. Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose. Ephesians 3:20-21 Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

Whether you can sing well or not, it does not matter. Lift your voice and start thanking God for all the wonderful things in your life. Thank You Jesus for waking me up this morning, clothing me in my right mind. Thank You Jesus for refreshing me at the wells of Your salvation. Thank You for the breath in my lungs and that I can use my arms and legs without assistance. I thank You that my body is no longer racked with pain. I thank You Jesus for giving me joy down in my soul bubbling over and the peace that does not even make sense with the things I am facing and going through. You have done excellent things my King and it is known in all the earth! I adore You Jesus! Psalm 100:1-2 Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands. Serve the LORD with gladness: come before His presence with singing. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

We are to be loud about it! That may be out of some people's comfort zones but it is okay to be excited about our relationship with Jesus. The scriptures say, "Cry out and shout!" Why? For great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of where? In the midst of thee! He is in our midst. He is in our presence. He is going through the fire with us. He is in the lion's den with us. He is in the court room, the board room, the class room, the bedroom, the vehicle....wherever we are, He is there! He is Holy. He is Righteous. He is to be glorified and praised. Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in My name, there am I in the midst of them.

No matter what plans you have this weekend, and no matter if they happen or not, let's not get caught up in the trivial matters of this life. Let's choose to magnify the good and not the bad. Let's choose to honor our King Jesus with our time and efforts and actions this weekend. Colossians 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him. Let's use these six verses to navigate the upcoming weekend. Fill your tank up for free! Gas prices here in southern Indiana where I live are $4.25 and it seems that they increase toward the weekends. This fuel is FREE! It has been paid for by the precious blood of Jesus and it was PAID IN FULL. So, come to the wells of salvation and take your fill. Get satisfied. Let it quench your thirst. John 4:13-14 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

I pray something you have read today has given you strength for your journey and light for your way. God bless you!

~Bridgett Owens

No comments:

Post a Comment