Thursday, March 17, 2022

Happy St. Patrick's Day | Thankful Thursday



Hey everyone! It is 8:12 p.m. on Thursday, March 17, 2022. I wanted to post this morning but time got away from me and I had to squeeze a lot of work and an appointment for my daughter in to a short amount of time. It all worked out and I was able to finish work at a decent hour, but I am exhausted.
PSALM 23:1-3 (1)The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. (2)He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters. (3)He restoreth my soul: He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake. 
Some of you may know that I suffer with chronic pain in my colon and after many scans, tests, scopes, medications, etc., I have no answers and much pain and weakness from bleeding. I hope that is not sharing too much. So, suffice it to say that today was an "on again" pain day and God allowed me to power through it and even though at times I was so nauseous I thought I would actually vomit, I did not and so I am very thankful for that.

Today the weather was 75 degrees! It was beautiful, blue skies, fluffy white clouds, a warm ball of sunshine, and some very cool breezes. It was a perfect weather day. I was thanking God all day for the beautiful views and amazing day He gave me. At one point I was wondering around trying to find a client's home and was so thankful that it was such a gorgeous day for all that walking. It was far better than traipsing through snow piles and ice, or pouring down rain.

I was greeted by several text messages on my phone from someone who really enjoyed my video on YouTube. She said it encouraged her and strengthened her. Her words of kindness were so welcomed and it encouraged me to keep doing what God has asked me to do. It is to God be all the glory, honor, and praise. I can do nothing apart from Him and He truly is teaching me as I share here on my blog, on Instagram, or even my YouTube channel. I learn right along with you all and it is an honor to serve God in this way.

I have one more work day this week and I hope to get done at a decent time tomorrow as well. I am saying farewell to that chapter of my life, as short as it was, it was definitely not sweet. I am disappointed in how things were mishandled there but I trust God will restore to me what is rightfully mine and as I walk in obedience to leave that job, I know he has something far better for me. I just do not know what that is yet. Patience!

So, Happy St. Patrick's Day! I hope you have had a wonderful day. I have enjoyed being so close to God. This valley experience is very different than I have ever had in the past. I feel much closer to Him and I feel safer, more secure in this valley, knowing that each day I am climbing up the next mountain and I will have more blessings and joy waiting on the other side of this. I am content. I am at perfect peace. I have my hand in His and I refuse to let Him go. God bless you!

~Bridgett Owens

 

No comments:

Post a Comment