Friday, October 23, 2020

A New Refrigerator | Fuel For The Weekend

God told me to share my faith on Fridays and call it Fuel For The Weekend. I wanted to do it. I thought about it. I tried coming up with ideas on my own, but I just came up short, so I put the idea toward the back of my mind, but the Holy Spirit continued to nudge me in this direction. I am going for it and it's my desire that the posts I put up on Fridays will give you something to think about, ponder, consider, and reflect on throughout the weekend.

When God told us to move to Mobile, Alabama from Mitchell, Indiana I had no idea what His big plans for our family would be. We have been down here for over a year now and we have seen the hand of God every time we turned around. I want to share what God has done this time!

Recently our refrigerator died. We had to use our daughter’s mini fridge from college! We made do the best we could but we really needed a fridge. So my faithful prayer partner and I prayed for God to provide us a fridge! He showed up in a BIG way! We were given a brand new refrigerator and $100 gift card for groceries!!! We are so thankful!!!


What is a big need you have? What are you asking God for? Have you asked God to work it out for you? The Bible says that God cares about the things that matter to us. His Word tells us He will supply our every need according to HIS riches in glory by Christ Jesus. He does not consult our budget, our personal finances, or our situation in order to bless us. He owns the cattle on a thousand hills and even the hills the cattle is standing on! Expect BIG things from God because if you have a real need, He is a real God that has a real solution to your real problem! Trust Him! There is NOTHING my God cannot do!
PSALMS 139:1-3 (1) O LORD, Thou hast searched me, and known me. (2) Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, Thou understandest my thought afar off. (3) Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.

PHILIPPIANS 4:19 "But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

ISAIAH 45:6 "That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside Me. I am the Lord, and there is none else."

PSALMS 50:10 "For every beast of the forest is Mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills."

LUKE 1:37 "For with God nothing shall be impossible."

I did not know how God was going to provide us a refrigerator. We didn't have the finances right now to do it, but we had a great need! We wanted a fridge but we actually needed a refrigerator, too. Not everything we want is something we truly need. But God will meet all your needs. He will give us the desires of our heart when we delight in Him, but He wants the glory in all He does.

Friends, do not be discouraged. Times are hard, things are different, and it does not always seem like everything is going to work out but for those who have put their faith in Jesus, we have hope and He has a great plan for our lives. Look to God for your help and He will never let you down!

God bless you!
~Bridgett Owens

 

 

 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment