Thursday, October 22, 2020

I'm Thankful | Thankful Thursday

Welcome to my Thankful Thursday blog post! The LORD impressed on my heart to carve out a section on my blog to share what I am thankful for. I call this my Thankful Thursday blog posts. I will continue to share what I am thankful for each week, so be sure to come back to my blog and we can count our blessings together.

I have so much to thank God for! He has been so good to me, I cannot tell it all! He has healed my body, clothed me in my right mind, saved me, sanctified me, and redeemed me with the blood of Jesus. There is no mountain He has not moved for me, nor taught me to climb. I have never been the same since I made Him the LORD of my life and I am so glad that He never gave up on me. He kept pursuing me and loving me and forgiving me. He is a great God! If the world could only know Him like I know Him there would be no one going to hell! His love is too sweet, His promises too precious, His blessings too good, His faithfulness too amazing to walk away from. I want to get closer to Him every single moment.

Friends, this year is almost over. We are heading out of October as quickly as we entered it and I have a feeling the rest of the year is going to follow suit. I want to encourage you all today that God is still good. There are lots of bad things in this world. Evil is present and at work in the lives of many, but we have a God that never slumbers nor sleeps and He is in control. He is not shaken or afraid. He is not pleased with the way man has disregarded Him and done as they pleased, but He is not thrown off guard. He is working all things for our good if we love Him and are called according to His purpose. Isn't that a reason to smile? No weapon formed against us will prosper.

My friend, Amy, is my faithful prayer partner. We are several states apart and more miles than I care to count, but we have a daily prayer connection and we have a great time! God is so good and so busy in our lives and we choose to look for His handiwork in everything and we always find it! I challenge you to do the same thing.

If you look for fearful things, bad news, negative reports, gloom and doom, you will surely find it. There is no shortage of that stuff in the world today. It will make you sick in mind, body, and spirit if you dwell on that stuff. If you look for the peaceful things, good news, positive reports, hope and truth, you will surely find it. There is no shortage of that stuff in the world today. It will heal your mind, body, and spirit if you dwell on that stuff. The choice is yours. What will you think about? 

I want to share a few scriptures in closing. Please look these scriptures up and search out the meaning. Ask God to show you with fresh eyes what He wants you to know about these familiar passages. Let's not be hearers of the Word only, but let's be doers of the Word. Let's impact the world around us for good and for God's glory.

PSALMS 121:3-4 (3)He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: He that keepeth thee will not slumber. (4)Behold, He that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.

ROMANS 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose. 

 ISAIAH 54:17 "No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of Me, saith the LORD.

 PHILIPPIANS 4:8 "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

I am thankful for the opportunity to share my faith on my blog. I hope that you will choose an attitude of gratitude as well. It's been said that attitudes are contagious, let's make sure ours are worth catching! Have a great day and I'll see you tomorrow as we get Fuel For The Weekend.

God bless you,
Bridgett Owens 

No comments:

Post a Comment