Thursday, October 29, 2020

Hurricane Zeta | Thankful Thursday

Welcome to my Thankful Thursday blog post! The LORD impressed on my heart to carve out a section on my blog to share what I am thankful for. I call this my Thankful Thursday blog posts. I will continue to share what I am thankful for each week, so be sure to come back to my blog and we can count our blessings together.

I have a lot to be thankful for today. My family and I survived Hurricane Zeta! God spared us from flooding and our home is intact. We lost power and as of the time of this writing it is still not restored. Edit: Power is restored! Thank You, Jesus! My husband’s windshield is cracked all the way across and my daughter’s car suffered a lot of damage. 
The house was so hot and even with the windows opened it didn’t cool off. We sleep with a fan and so I didn’t sleep much last night. I tried listening to the 45 mph winds and imagine myself at the ocean without a hurricane but it was too muggy for that to work. I prayed a lot and even though we had some roof damage, (I’m not sure the extent of all that), but it could have been so much worse. 

Today my prayers and thoughts are with those in Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana who were deeply impacted by this devastating storm. I cannot imagine how the residents of NOLA are handling so many blows to their city. I pray for those displaced who lost homes and possessions and those injured. I am praying for those without power. I am praying for the workers who are doing all they can to get the power back on for millions of customers!

I am thankful for my job that I am able to work today. I am thankful for my vehicle and the gas to get to work. I’m thankful for God protecting our family and home through the night. I thank God the vehicles were not hurt worse than they are. I'm thankful for the men and women at the power companies who are working long hours and in dangerous conditions to restore power!

Please join me in prayer for the victims of Hurricane Zeta and pray for our nation to turn their hearts toward God.  Please join me in prayer for the residents of Citronelle!!! God do what you do best...the impossible!

EPHESIANS 3:20-21 Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.
I hope you'll join me tomorrow for an amazing testimony of God's faithfulness. God bless you!

Hugs,
Bridgett Owens

No comments:

Post a Comment