Thursday, November 5, 2020

Blue's Blessings | Thankful Thursday

Welcome to my Thankful Thursday blog post! The LORD impressed on my heart to carve out a section on my blog to share what I am thankful for. I call this my Thankful Thursday blog posts. I will continue to share what I am thankful for each week, so be sure to come back to my blog and we can count our blessings together.

In September my friend Amy and I were talking about what kind of job I could have that would allow me to be home more, share my faith, and make a positive impact on others. The idea kept coming up that I would like to create a faith-based subscription box for kids around the age of 11-14 years old. The more we talked and threw out ideas the more we realized God was calling me to do just that. After much prayer, consideration, and talking with my family we decided to go for it and call it Blue's Blessings. I have been in children/youth ministry for 26 years. I have been in big churches and small churches and have taught many kids and I have taught few kids. I have been involved in women's ministries, hosted many Bible studies in my home, and created countless kits for a myriad of crafting events. I also led a card ministry for over a year at a church in Indiana. 

It has been a pleasure and a great honor to work on, design, put together, and pray over the curriculum and activities that we made available in our first launch. I am so thankful for each and every kid that received a Blue's Blessings subscription box. I have enjoyed hearing the positive feedback as these kids receive their boxes. For more information on Blue's Blessings you can visit our Facebook page here, our Instagram feed here, and our Twitter here. We are currently working on getting our online store up and running, an update is soon to follow. 

God has truly taken a dream He gave me and made it a reality; something my family and I can do together to further the kingdom. 

1 Thessalonians 5:18- 
In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

God bless you!

~Bridgett Owens

 

No comments:

Post a Comment