Thursday, November 19, 2020

Kadesia Shae | Thankful Thursday

The LORD impressed on my heart to carve out a section of my blog to share what I am thankful for. I started it on a Thursday and decided to call it "Thankful Thursday." Each week I will share what I am thankful for. Be sure to come back each week so we can count our blessings together.

I was diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis, poly-cystic ovarian syndrome, and was told that due to some anatomy issues and scar tissue around my Fallopian tubes I would never be able to conceive, and if I somehow was able to get pregnant, I would never be able to carry the child. I was devastated.

Often when I was upset I would walk next door to our church, sit down at the piano, worship and sing my way through whatever had me feeling down and when I was done I would feel so happy and so free. I tried to do that this time but I just felt so lost and disconnected from God. I was in a toxic relationship with someone who was pulling me further away from God and with this news it was more than I could take. My dad found me in the church. Mother had just told him what the doctor said. He and I stood in front of the altar, he took my hands and prayed over me. I could not pray, only cry and hope!

I had an abdominal surgery to remove the endometriosis and it was all over everything. In time I healed and they gave me a 2 year window to get pregnant but did not offer me much hope. In January 2000 my toxic relationship ended and it seemed as though all hope was gone for me to ever be a mother. God had other plans though. He brought me and my husband together in March 2000 and we were inseparable. Paul is my very best friend. He proposed to me in April 2000 and I gladly said yes! In May I knew I had to tell him that I might not be able to have children. I knew he could decide to leave me but I had to let him know. I was so scared he would break off the engagement in hopes of finding someone else but he didn't. He said even if I could never give him a child he still wanted to marry me. We were married September 23, 2000 and April 2001  we conceived! We were overjoyed. The 2 year window they gave me would be closed May 2001 and God gave us such a beautiful gift. My angel girl was born December 27, 2001 and I thank God for her!

Kadesia Shae is my beautiful baby girl. She will be 19 years old next month. I thank God for her and for the way she blesses my life. If you know her, you love her. She has a heart that is as big as Texas. She has a smile that lights up the room. She is loving and generous and kind and she will pray with you, cry with you, laugh with you, and do all three! She is a girl after God's own heart. She worships Him. She sings to Him. She prays to Him. She trusts Him. He named her Kadesia which means Sanctified and Radiant. She definitely shines! My life is so much better because she is in it.


For my Thankful Thursday post I honor my daughter and thank God for her!

PSALMS 127:3 Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is His reward.

If you desire to be a mother and for whatever reason it seems all hope is gone, please let me know. You can email me or leave a request in the comments and I will pray for you. I know that God can do anything and nothing is too hard for Him! He is an on-time God!

My prayer is that something I shared today has given you strength for journey and light for your way! God bless you.

~Bridgett Owens

4 comments:

  1. I love this! We know God can do anything! I had a dear friend that struggles for years and had went through it all medically to try and conceive. They told her she would never have a child and so they were trying to adopt. God had a different plan and she now has 2 beautiful baby girls.
    He is the Author and finisher of all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn’t that awesome? God can do ANYTHING! I am so thankful for both of my babies!!

      Delete
  2. This is such a sweet praise to the Lord! I'm so blessed to know both these beautiful women of God! LB in Indiana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet friend!!! I will never stop being thankful for allowing me to be a mother to my two beautiful children! He is a good, good Father! I love Him so much!

      Delete