Thursday, November 12, 2020

God's Word | Thankful Thursday

The LORD impressed on my heart to carve out a section of my blog to share what I am thankful for. I started it on a Thursday and decided to call it "Thankful Thursday." Each week I will share what I am thankful for. Be sure to come back each week so we can count our blessings together.

There are so many things to be thankful for that it is really hard to pick just one. I have two things in particular that I really want to share today. I am thankful for God's Word. It is our spiritual sword to fight the enemy. I am also thankful for my teenage son who loves God and listens to Holy Spirit when He speaks. 

I asked Javan to help me come up with a scripture for my blog post today. He paused for a minute and then he said, "I think God is telling me Psalms 27." I read through the entire chapter and as usual, God's Word is fantastic! I love this chapter because God is speaking to me in every single verse of this chapter. I have been in a spiritual war zone for a while now and God is always found faithful and the devil is always defeated!

PSALMS 27:13-14 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

Friends I am rejoicing because I have been in a long season of waiting and expectancy. I had been waiting for God to bring to pass the things He promised me and there were times I could have fainted because of the battles and the lengthy wait, but God always proves Himself to be faithful. He would show me His handiwork all around me. If you are waiting on a miracle, an answer to prayer, a word from the Lord, just hold on. Be of good courage and He will strengthen your heart! Hold on to this promise and wait!

God bless you!

~Bridgett Owens

No comments:

Post a Comment