Saturday, November 14, 2020

The Last Day | Fuel For The Weekend

God told me to share my faith on Fridays and call it Fuel For The Weekend. I wanted to do it. I thought about it. I tried coming up with ideas on my own, but I just came up short, so I put the idea toward the back of my mind, but the Holy Spirit continued to nudge me in this direction. I am going for it and it's my desire that the posts I put up on Fridays will give you something to think about, ponder, consider, and reflect on throughout the weekend.

Going to my last day of work.......

Yesterday, November 13, 2020 was my last day as a psychiatric nurse in the facility I have worked in for almost a year. I have learned so much and grown as a nurse. I met a lot of fantastic nurses and doctors and staff. I didn't realize how attached I would get to some of the patients. My heart was full and I felt a tremendous sense of overwhelm for how many blessings God gave me. Armed with hugs and gifts and well wishes I turned in my badge and keys. It is bittersweet. I was really good at my job. I loved the patients even the tough ones and yet I felt God calling me to a different path.

Monday I will start fresh with a job similar to one I had in Indiana. I will be in a much larger facility this time and it is a little intimidating and to be honest kind of scary. I am just encouraging myself in the word of God and I am going to share those scriptures with you today in case you may be feeling something similar. Maybe you are experiencing things that have you a little uneasy and you need some encouragement. My desire is to empower you with the Scriptures so we can fight the enemy and be victorious in Christ Jesus!

PSALMS 56:3 What time I am afraid, I will trust in Thee.

ROMANS 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

PSALMS 145:21 My mouth shall speak the praise of the LORD: and let all flesh bless His holy name for ever and ever.

PSALMS 71:1 In Thee, O LORD, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion.

JOSHUA 1:9 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Fear is a real emotion that everyone experiences at some time or another. Fear is the opposite of faith. That is why God said He did not give us the spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7). God wants us to have faith in Him; to trust Him to help us through these tough times. He will do it! He is faithful!

I can confidently start my new job on Monday knowing He goes before me and He shields me. He protects me. Nothing is going to happen to me that God is not aware of and has given permission for. If he permits it then He will also shield and protect me.

I know my new job will be hard and there will be tough seasons as I transition there. I do not expect it to be perfect or even something I will do long-term. I know this is an important part of my journey or God would not have ordered my steps there and literally dropped this opportunity into my lap! He is in control and He is capable of bringing me through any challenge I face. I will trust Him until I die!

Pray these scriptures over your situation and watch God remove the fear and dread and give you hope and joy and faith instead. The mountains are tough to climb but we never climb alone. God is our faithful partner who steadies us, helps us not to fall, and gives us the strength to endure the climb. We are not alone and God is faithful!

I hope something I have shared today has been strength for your journey and light for your way. God bless you!

~Bridgett Owens

No comments:

Post a Comment