Monday, September 23, 2019

19 Years Strong

HAPPY FALL!!!!!


This is my favorite season, but all the things I love about fall are what I experienced growing up in Indiana. We had crisp autumn air, warmed by the campfire, sipped hot apple cider, crunched caramel apples, ate persimmon pudding, raked leaves, jumped into those leaves, raked them up again, wore sweatshirts and fuzzy socks, watched football, went to pumpkin patches, and got lost in corn mazes. I love the cool nights and warm days. I love when the leaves turn colors and the sun catches it just right and the leaves look as though they are made of pure gold. The bright red leaves, the orange and rust colored leaves, the marbled colors. I love fall most of all!
I live in Alabama now and I am not sure Fall lives here. I don't think Autumn has visited this zip code. At least so far it still feels like summer and I am not really sure if it will turn cooler for fall or not. We shall see. There are a few leaves in our new backyard that we can rake up after we get everything moved in, unpacked, and settled in.
So today is the first day of fall! I am excited!! It is also the day my husband, Paul, and I celebrate 19 years of wedded bliss! Okay, let's be real. It was not 19 years of wedded bliss, but we have survived together and we love each other more now than we ever have and tomorrow will be more. I am so excited to see the transformation God has made in our marriage. It is incredible!
So I wanted to share a few verses today about marriage and the first husband and wife that God ever created. I know God hand-picked Paul just for me. He is strong where I am weak. He is quiet and I am talkative. He is impatient and I have learned to have a lot of patience, though I still need improvement. He is strong and I am weak in some areas and vice versa in others. I am so thankful he still loves me after all of these years. He is my best friend. I know what the Bible says about finding a wife, but it's true of finding my best friend, Paul, as well.
Proverbs 18:22 King James Version (KJV)
22 Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the Lord.

Genesis 2:7, 8, 15, 18, 21-25 King James Version (KJV)
And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
And the Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.
15 And the Lord God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
18 And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
21 And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
22 And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.
Matthew 19:6 King James Version (KJV)
Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
I love, honor, and cherish my husband. I fail miserably sometimes. I am not his source of joy and he is not mine. There is so much freedom in remembering that. God is the joy giver. I am blessed and thankful for my husband and I am praying God's best over our lives for whatever time we have left.
God bless you!
~Bridgett Owens


No comments:

Post a Comment