Tuesday, September 3, 2019

When I Am Afraid

Fear. A baby can be afraid. An elderly person can feel fear. You have felt fear before. I know I certainly have. I have been afraid of the dark, afraid of failing, afraid of rejection, afraid of the unknown. I have a fear of heights. I have been afraid that something might happen to one of my children, and while that fear does not cripple me, it certainly brings me to my knees in prayer.

PSALM 56:3
What time I am afraid, I will trust in Thee.

I cannot tell you how many times I have prayed that scripture, especially in the last year. I had a major surgery last year that I did not want, but desperately needed. A friend of mine prayed this over me and I clung to it with everything in me. God took the fear away and comforted me. Four months later, I found myself having a procedure done that I did not want, but again, it was necessary so He brought me through that. While in the doctor's office getting the results of that procedure, I had a severe gallbladder attack. Before I knew it I was scheduled for surgery the following Monday. I prayed this scripture again. And as we moved to Mobile, Alabama, leaving behind our family, friends, and everything we knew and was familiar with. We left quickly when the Lord said Go! We felt His hand lead and guide us every step of the journey.

If you find yourself scared, unsure, crippled with fear, open your Bible to Psalm 56:3 and read this scripture over and over. Pray it back to God and watch Him work! He will remove the fear and doubt and replace it with faith and hope. You will feel the fear leave.

2 Timothy 1:7
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Fear is a spirit, but God is greater than any spirit and He will remove that from your heart. You do not have to live in fear. He gave us power to overcome. His perfect love casts out fear. Do not let fear keep you from obeying God and doing everything He wants you to do. The blessings are on the other side of fear.

God bless you!
~Bridgett Owens

No comments:

Post a Comment