Monday, September 2, 2019

41 Years

This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24

Today is my birthday!!  This is the day the LORD has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it! I am 41 years old today and God has brought me through so much in these four plus decades! It is interesting to look back on all the growth and spiritual maturity in just this year! I had no idea I would be living in Alabama! I had no idea God would change our lives in such a drastic, amazing, wonderful way. When He spoke to my heart in January this year and told me we were moving to Alabama this summer, my heart sank. I did not want to go. I grieved a little. I did not know anything about Alabama. I was sad to leave a wonderful job, a great job teaching Children's Church, many friends and family in Indiana. I had never even been to Alabama, other than driving through it to get to Florida. I was scared of the unknown. No job. No home. No church. No friends. No family. No idea what He wanted us to do in Alabama that we couldn't do in Indiana. So, I prayed and fasted. I went on seven God appointed fasts and He shared great detail of what we were to do and yet I was still scared. What would God be sending us to?
I had nothing to worry about. Why should I have worried? God of all creation gave me specific direction. He told me we were moving to Mobile, Alabama. We went to Mobile in July. We had a wonderful time. We spent so much time enjoying each other and reconnecting as a family. We found a church. We loved the pastor and stayed in touch with her. That was a divine appointment. She has helped us so much on this journey of a lifetime and I will share so much more in the posts to come. I look at what God has done and I am amazed!!!

So, we came back to Indiana this Labor Day weekend. I had a follow-up eye appointment from when I had Lasik surgery. Great news, my eyes are even better! 20/15 and 20/20+1!! So excited to see without glasses. We spent time with family, caught up with a few friends. Packed with the last of our belongings in Indiana, we headed home and safely arrived in Alabama on my birthday, today!

We had fun at Boggs campgrounds while we were in Indiana. We took this beautiful picture, which truly does not do that gorgeous sunset scene justice. While it was fun to be in Indiana a few days, I am so glad to be home. Sweet Home Alabama!
Hope you have a wonderful Labor Day! Enjoy the day off, if you get the chance. Take some time to reflect on this day that the LORD has made, be glad and rejoice in it!

God bless you!
~Bridgett Owens

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! I wish you well in your new home! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! We love Alabama so much and I am so thankful to be here!

      Delete