Monday, September 16, 2019

God Limits The Waves

Paul said, “I found a really pretty park today. Do you want to go?”
My answer was, “Yes!”

I didn’t expect to see the true beauty I was met with. Paul found a treasure!!! To the people of Mobile, they would probably not be surprised, but we are still learning our way around these streets and this was a wonderful surprise!

Javan was with us and he loved it! This is at a fishing pier. It is just gorgeous and the views are so spectacular! Sometimes I want to pinch myself because we really get to live this life here!!! It’s so beautiful here. Javan and I were thanking Jesus for this gift! If you look, you will see the beauty surrounding you, too!

These pictures remind me of God speaking to Job out of the whirlwind. He asks him:

JOB 38:1-11
1 Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,
2 Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?
3 Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou Me.
4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?
8 Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb?
9 When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddlingband for it,
10 And brake up for it My decreed place, and set bars and doors,
11 And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed?
Friends, I love this chapter! It is full of awe and wonder. The majesty of all creation spoken into existence at the very Word of God. God tells Job to get ready for the LORD to question him. Those are some serious questions. I love that it gives us a peek inside creation in addition to what Genesis tells us. He says He fixed His limits for the ocean. The water is only allowed to go so far. The waves rise, fall, and break at their limits God set in order.
These pictures really cannot do it justice. We had a wonderful day together. It was relaxing and refreshing. I felt the tension and stress fall away as I fully had my mind on the LORD. He is great and worthy to be praised!
 
I hope you enjoyed today’s post! Let me know where you have seen the beauty of God’s awesome creation!

God bless you!
~Bridgett Owens

No comments:

Post a Comment