Sunday, September 8, 2019

The 5 S's of Contentment

During the first week of July, my husband and I took the kids to Mobile, Alabama. This was the first time we had visited Mobile and we knew God was calling us to live there, so we prayed and felt like God was telling us to go during the week of Paul's shut-down. In our prayer time God told us to attend a church service while we were there. We just didn't know where. We spent the first part of our vacation enjoying the sights, the ocean, the beautiful area, and we were always in prayer about which church God wanted us to go to. We had been driving around looking for a church and I asked Paul to pull over so we could pray. He pulled into a parking lot with a strip mall building. As we were about to pray, we held hands, and I glanced over at the building. The door on one of the store fronts had a picture of wheat on it. My book I am hoping to publish soon is called Who Wants the Bread? so I was intrigued. I told him to drive over closer so I could see what that was. It was a church! Something in my heart stirred. The hours and contact information was on the door so I had my daughter get out and take a picture of it with her cell phone.

We attended a breakthrough service that Friday night and we were never the same again. God made a divine appointment for my family and me to attend and He blessed us more than we could ever know. That is when we met Pastor Yvette Tate for the first time. She told me that when I came back down to Alabama she wanted me to speak at her church. I had not done any speaking engagements in a long time and my heart soared with excitement.

We moved to Alabama on August 1. God has blessed us so much. She asked me to speak at the first breakthrough service in September. The breakthrough services are the first and third Friday nights of the month. I was nervous and excited. God gave me the message in August. I was so excited to share this wisdom with the people because it had changed me and taught me so much, just as I was studying it.

Two nights ago, September 6, I stood in front of the church during a beautiful breakthrough service and shared five steps on how to be content. The message is called the 5 S's of Contentment; Little Is Much When God Is In It. Many of you reading this blog will not have had the opportunity to hear me speak, so I am sharing the link with you to listen to the message. I pray that it transforms you like it has me.


God bless you!
~Bridgett Owens

No comments:

Post a Comment