Friday, September 6, 2019

Free Bible Study Printables

Hey everyone!

I have had so many questions and comments on my Bible study videos here and here that I thought I would come up with a free printable you all could use to make your S.O.A.P. Bible study time a little more fun and creative!

For those of you that are not familiar with this type of Bible study method, the S.O.A.P. acronym stands for Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer. First, you pray and ask the Holy Spirit to lead you to the text that He wants to teach you. Write out your scripture, for example: 

S. Matthew 28:18-20 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto Me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the the end of the world. Amen.


Next, you would journal what you observed in this scripture. For example:

O. Jesus is speaking. He said all power is given unto Him in heaven and earth. So that means whatever situation I am facing, He has the power to triumph over it. Then He gives us the Great Commission: to GO, to TEACH, to BAPTIZE. He says to do these things in the name of God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Then He gives us the promise that He is with us always, even to the end of the world. Amen.


Third, you would journal how this applies to your life today. How is it relevant for you? An example would be:

A. Jesus, all-powerful, is asking me to go out into the world I am living in, to tell others about Him, and baptize them in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. He equips me to do these things because He is always with me. I need to be more bold in sharing my faith with those in my life.


Finally, end in prayer. You can simply write out a simple prayer to ask God to help you apply what you have learned to your life. It could look something like this:


P. Jesus, I thank You for coming to this world, living among us, dying to save us, and offering us the gift of eternal life. I was a mess when You found me and I am so thankful You set me free. Please empower me to be a bold witness to those You place in my path today and each day forward. Help me to share my faith with those whose faith is faltering or lacking. Guide me where to go, help me to teach, and when the time is right to baptize those who have given their life to You. Thank You for always being with me and promising to be there until the end. I love You Lord Jesus. Amen.


It's that simple! Just a short illustration of what your S.O.A.P. Bible Study may look like. I just use a notebook, but you can do this on your computer, in a diary, a planner, a traveler's notebook, a binder you create, or whatever you want to do. It is so important to write out your study like this because you can go back and read through previous studies and see how much you have learned, how far you have come in your faith walk, and to be encouraged again if you find yourself in a situation where you need guidance in a particular area.

My son is 12 years old and he has been doing this S.O.A.P. Bible study method for three or four years now. You can get fancy and use alphabet stickers, or make your own labels. You can be artistic and draw out the letters in fancy font. You can just use a pen or pencil and notebook paper, or you can print out this free study printable.


I did not create this method of Bible study. It has served me well through the years. I do not do every Bible study like this, but there are times when a passage is difficult to digest and I simply break it down. I may spend a while in one particular passage, breaking it down verse by verse. It can help when you prepare a sermon or message for a small group. It is a terrific way to study the scriptures.

These printables are available to you for free. Please feel free to share the link back to this blog post when sharing these free printables with your family and friends. I had a lot of fun creating this worksheet and these bookmarks; one for you, and two to give to friends! Thank you all so much for the prayers and continued support! God bless you!



~Bridgett Owens





No comments:

Post a Comment